Nissan Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been driving this car for about 4 years and runs good, but yesterday after driving, stopped the car for about 30 min then started up the engine , pull the level to D to go ahead but the transmission stayed in reverse, also feels loose and not engage any position. now I can not start the engine and the level still is loose so I have to apply the manual brake so the car doesn't move. any help will be appreciated.
thanks

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
This could possibly be the shift mechanism, not the transmission. There is a cable that runs from the shift leveer to the trans. See if the trans end moves when you move the shift lever.

Lew

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
sentral said:
I have been driving this car for about 4 years and runs good, but yesterday after driving, stopped the car for about 30 min then started up the engine , pull the level to D to go ahead but the transmission stayed in reverse, also feels loose and not engage any position. now I can not start the engine and the level still is loose so I have to apply the manual brake so the car doesn't move. any help will be appreciated.
thanks
hey, I have a tranny for sale if your interested. Its from a 1992, with about 75,000 on it. Ran synthetic and a cooler on it since new, it was beat on either, mostly highway miles, a school commuter car. I did the manual swap, so I have it sitting here. I have the lower harness, the torque converter, mounts, etc. I don't know if it meshes with your year. let me know if your interested. [email protected]

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
lshadoff said:
This could possibly be the shift mechanism, not the transmission. There is a cable that runs from the shift leveer to the trans. See if the trans end moves when you move the shift lever.

Lew
the shift lever is not getting any position, is complete loose

·
TwiztidKidd
807 Posts
The inhibitor switch won't let you start the car unless it's in Neutral or Park. It seems like something is out of adjustment in the shift lever console like Lew said. Follow the cable from the shift console to the trans and check if it's working properly :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
lshadoff said:

Lew
Hi Lew
thanks for your help
it was the cable from trans that was without the nut, I placed it and start the engine right after that,it worked good, then stopped the engine for about an hour and get everything ready to move the car but
the engine won't start, I did not move anything from the console, just opened and checked for something loose,

I can hear the fuel pump starts when I turn the key
Also smells fuel after try to start the engine
good battery and the starter making its job
I'll do the scan today

is there something else I need to check?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts