Nissan Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had to do this for emergency purposes but anyway I had to whip around real quick around 40 mph and then the tires came off track of the rims. This happened to the front left tire. I changed it out and the only thing that happened to the tire is a small puncture hole in the traction. I had sworn last week that I filled the tires up withh 40 psi but I guess it wasn't enough for the tire....but it says it right on the tire....or maybe this car isn't meant to be whipped around really quick.....?

·
Not Anymore.
5,014 Posts
You did a 180 degree turn at 40 MPH on stock tyres?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! :confused: That is too much for virtually any car.

Is 40 PSI the reccomended cold pressure by Nissan for your tyres?

·
Powered By hopes & dreams
8,328 Posts
Pharrari said:
I had to do this for emergency purposes but anyway I had to whip around real quick around 40 mph and then the tires came off track of the rims. This happened to the front left tire. I changed it out and the only thing that happened to the tire is a small puncture hole in the traction. I had sworn last week that I filled the tires up withh 40 psi but I guess it wasn't enough for the tire....but it says it right on the tire....or maybe this car isn't meant to be whipped around really quick.....?

It's not a sports car. Your stock tires are not sports car tires or performance tires. They're econo tires. YOU DRIVE A S E N T R A.

You sir, need to learn some common sense.

·
I miss good ol' OT
1,716 Posts
Wouldn't buy it for a dollar.

·
My ass, your face
3,520 Posts
not to mention you have a stock suspension which by all means are C R A P P Y...i dont mean to rip on you but theyre right, u dont drive a sports car(shit, even some sports cars cant handle that)

·
g33k/gamer/QR nerd
445 Posts
I spun out in a hyundai sonata at 65mph....i lost my left tires.... also tire pressure is at 32psi not 40... thats over inflated
Pharrari said:

·
M-Unit Racing
627 Posts
I have the 1.8S SE with the 16" rims. Could I spin around on that? The tires are Firestone Firehawks or something like that. They have somewhat of a thin side wall.

·
g33k/gamer/QR nerd
445 Posts
Biscuit said:
I have the 1.8S SE with the 16" rims. Could I spin around on that? The tires are Firestone Firehawks or something like that. They have somewhat of a thin side wall.
All tires have lateral limits, basically you can only go in a direction other than forward for so long and fast. Its suggested if your going to be doing that more than once... to get some tires especially made for that. If im not mistaken isnt that called drifing? if so arent there tires made for that? :cheers:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Pherarri, how did you even ever get to the point where you could own your own car? You post the funniest questions like supercharging your sentra with a Universal Supercharger, or turbocharging after you've added Hotshot mods like intake and header. Now you're taking 180's with stock tires and suspension? I applaud you're posting of this information as it allows us to see what the breaking point for an Econo Sentra is that no one in their right mind would ever do.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Pharrari said:
the 1.8s is supposed to have 33psi max front and 30psi max rear 40 is too much pressure in your tires. about it coming off, dont know of too many tires that'll stay on the rim doing a 180. assuming it was dry pavement.

just out of curiosity, what made you have to do a 180 in an emergency?

·