Nissan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
recently my car has been having a little whitish smoke from the exhaust, and it runs great, starts even in the cold, pulls hard, (and no the smoke isn't because its cold out because it will do it on a 60 deg day, but when cold its pretty smokey.) i also did an oil + filter change.

could this be my O2 sensor on my headers, i don't thinks its ever been replaced and it has 104,000 on it.

·
Registered
133 Posts
check plugs/wires, distributor/rotor and you could even try fuel injector cleaner...... any brand is fine just not the cheap one! then fill up the tank......

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I checked the distributor and plug wires, they all look good. also is there a way to check my injectors, to see if they are all working good? Could i just pop one out while its running and see if its spraying good or would that mess something up? And if one is messed up i would clean them all, just for the hell of it

·
Registered
133 Posts
dont do that!

dont take the injector out and start the car! to check it, all you have to do is get a long screwdriver and put in on top of each injector with the car running to make sure you hear a clicking sound. keep in mind that even if all the injector are good, you can't physically see or know how the injector sprays. therefore, just buy the fuel injector cleaner and put it in, then see how it runs. you also want to look for any oil/coolant leaks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts