Nissan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I'm getting a new car here in a year. At least that is what my parents have informed me of. So I need to get rid of my turbo stuff, which I haven't put on the car yet so everything is still brand new.

I have....

T3/T04e turbo .42 compressor .50 turbine
Intercooler
Universal mandrel bends. (6) 90 degree bends, (1) 3 feet straight pipe and (3) 45 degree bends
(15) 3 ply silicone hose (red)
T bolt clamps for all hoses, and I'll throw in 30 worm gear clamps.
All the gaskets and flanges for the turbo.
If someone is buying this for their KA24 then I can sell them the manifold for it too, it's all custom piping, just needs welded up.

I'm asking 800 for everything but the mani.
If someone wants the mani I'll sell everything for 900.

·
Registered
5 Posts
hey, would that turbo be the equivalent of a T25? i'm not fully versed in turbo specs. how much power at what boost? turbo lag?

will the exhaust manifold fit onto a s14? how big/what kind is the intercooler? how big is the piping? and how much did u pay for all this stuff?

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
The piping is all 2.5", the intercooler has 2.5" inlet and outlet sides so the airflow is not disturbed. The turbo is a T3/T04e which is a hybrid turbo. It has a quicker spooling than any other t3/t4. The intercooler is 25" by 8" by 2.75" the endtanks actually make the intercooler about 33". Well the turbo can put out any PSI you want, but you have to look at the efficiency of this turbo. It will be great for any low boost (7 psi) up to (15 psi) then the turbo will start to lose its efficiency.

And yes this will fit your 240, I bought it for my altima, which has the KA24DE, which is the same in the 240

·
Registered
5 Posts
yeah, i know they have the same engine, but they're mounted differently. Just wonderin if u know for sure that the manifold will fit with no problems. And do u know about how much power the turbo is supposed to make at 7psi to 15psi? were u going to just bolt it on to ur KA without any reinforcement type mods and run low boost?

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well I mean it depends on your tuning of the engine, average turbo is 10HP per 1PSI, but it depends on how you air/fuel is tuned. The manifold is not welded up yet, it is a log style manifold with a 1.37 inner tube size, which is a very small chamber size, so you will have some crazy fast spool time on it. This manifold is made for the KA24 and the engine room in the Altima is a lot smaller than that of the 240, it will have no fitment issue.

·
Registered
5 Posts
ok, cool. sorry, i don't post much so i'm kinda tryin to mess with it.

log style isn't very free flowing tho... it wouldn't deal with high boost very well. and would slow down spooling...

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Log style mani wouldn't be bad, because of the short length of the runners, and it is all equal length.

Rathi, ill wait to see if anyone wants to buy the set, before I sell the piping, if nobody wants the set of everything, I could sell you the piping for like 125.

·
Registered
319 Posts
skylineawd said:
Log style mani wouldn't be bad, because of the short length of the runners, and it is all equal length.

Rathi, ill wait to see if anyone wants to buy the set, before I sell the piping, if nobody wants the set of everything, I could sell you the piping for like 125.

sounds fine, as long as i get first shot

·
Registered
1 Posts
Damn, why couldn't you be selling this stuff about 5 months from now? :)

Sounds like a devil of a deal on the surface, but I am wrapping up college. I just hope I can find a job quickly.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Let me get my nickles and dimes together. I`ve been trying to piece together a custom turbo system for my ka24de for some time. If you have pics, email them to me. I am a serious buyer, just picky as hell. All the manifolds I`ve seen so far ( especially log type ) suck. I have a 93 240sx BTW. Oh, by the way, Rathi134, if I buy this kit, i`ll sell you the pipes you need for same price. :cheers: Let me know if yer still inerested. :givebeer:

·
DNE's VZR Conversion
6,079 Posts
arrgh !!! i want !! but no money !! will the turbo be suitable for a GA16DE ?

·
Registered
5 Posts
hmm... i think i'd still prefer a tubular collector manifold if i go for it. Will the turbo bolt onto a T25/T28 manifold? any pics? thanks

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
rurounisammy said:
hmm... i think i'd still prefer a tubular collector manifold if i go for it. Will the turbo bolt onto a T25/T28 manifold? any pics? thanks
It wont fit the t25/t28 flange, you would have to have that one cut off and the t3/t4 welded on. I'll post pictures tonight of it.

·
Registered
0 Posts
:waving: Whoa! OK No disrespect to anybody, but I would thoroughly inspect that turbo before installing it on your ride. That XS POWER logo on it is not to be confused with XS engineering. That, ladies and gentlemen, is what I refer to as an "ebay turbo". Its manufactured by SSAutoChrome, and I've heard from a couple people who tried them (because of price) and had the housing crack under boost because the compressor housing wasn't welded together... it was "glued together with some kind of epoxy". Thats not to say it isn't a capable turbo, because it is, but for longevity reasons I would strongly suggest taking it to get the housing halves welded before install. I'm sorry if this messes up your sale in any way skylineAWD, but I just feel that the good people here should be aware of what they might get into with that. :(

1 - 20 of 23 Posts