Nissan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I decided that if I'm going to sell it, it might as well be now. I'm at the 60,000 mile mark. I was thinking about doing a tune up and selling. But right now I have rims, CD Player, corner lenses, short shifter (not on), custom trims which are white, a momo shift knob, some custom lighting, gauge faces, speakers, and an intake. My question to you guys is... should I take all this crap off and sell it seperately and bring my car back to stock. Maybe keep the speakers and CD player. I have all the other stock pieces except for a trim piece which was painted white (i need another one) including the corner lenses, stereo, wheels, shift boot, shift knob, airbox, etc.... I dunno what to do. If I sell them with them on I don't have to worry about any of it after its all said and done. Of course, I could just try and sell it with the stuff on there and part out stuff if they decide they don't want to pay for it. I think I may put the short shifter on because I think someone may not want to purchase the car just because of the height of the shifter. Ahh crap.. I also have a rear bumper that I need to be painted. Just tell me what you all think.. ur experiences or whatever with selling your car.

·
Banned
1,530 Posts
If you trade it in......take it off and sell it separately. They won't give you what it's worth anyway.

If you sell it outright.....you MAY get more with all of the extras on it. But you still might get more buy selling some of the stuff here or on ebay.

·
NF's Offical Post Whore
1,972 Posts
I'm listening. Once you post a price for these items I'll probably pick one up off you. I would try parting out and see what you can get.

·
Paging Mr. Herman
1,042 Posts
Dealer's won't give you shit for trade in. Personally I would take everything off (at least what is worth something), you can probably make more money selling the parts individually rather than one big chunk. I'm sure you could offload some stuff to forum members pretty easy (myself included).

·
Registered
72 Posts
bad thing about selling spare parts is you have to store them in your room or storage entill someone buys it

·
Registered
35 Posts
First, take some high quality digital pics of your ride and post them on this site, and see if you can gauge based on the interest they garner whether or not you can sell it at an acceptable price....If plan A does'nt work, then take some pics of the parts, Sell ALL of the parts(rims,cd player,corner lenses, speakers and intake) to members of this site and hope for the blue book on the car. Use the trade in and the parts money to save up for the car you want. As far as the shifter, leave it alone if your going to trade it in, if not, just cut the damn thing down that's all....i bet you no one would even notice it because most other cars are designed with a shifter that looks halfway decent, not like an extra arm sticking up.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
haha thanks guys. yeah I'll see whats up. I hope to have it in sellable condition in the next couple weeks. I'm just going to get a tune-up and paint my rear bumper that MOSPEED1 sold me about 6 months ago from his storage locker haha. I'd probably just leave the lenses cuz it may not be worth it to sell them... but who knows. I was thinkin the rims too because I have 4 brand new tires on them and on the stock ones they are almost all bald (I bought it that way). I was actually thinkin about taking the tires off so they don't see that they were beat to hell. one actually has a tread off of it. Rims would be a pain to ship... I got pushed over in traffic against a curb and scratched one up pretty bad. The short shifter is brand spankin new and everything else is pretty much as is. I guess I'll be cleaning it up real nice, fixin what needs to be fixed, and takin some pics and putting them up and then u guys give me another opinion. I hate that accordian style boot.. I'm going to make another black boot (i have a white one right now) and put it on there when I sell the car because it is a lot more presentable. The interior of my car is flawless, the exterior needs some work... scratches, a little dent and probably faded paint. I could just sand down my car use some bondo filler and give it a $50 paint job haha. I already have a couple cars in mind that I want to buy. I hope this all ends up as planned :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts