Nissan Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· NPM Lead Editor/Webmaster
8,963 Posts
The Magnuson Moss Act basically states a manufacturer cannot void your warranty for using an aftermarket part to replace a part the manufacturer would not provide for free.

If the part you install causes the malfunction then the specific section the warranty covering this area will be voided.

They cannot void your warranty for a simple exhuast upgrade or intake etc.... If they say it does then they are BS'ing you or are simply ignorant of the federal law.

sorry it got taken down this road...but that's the law

8,963 Posts
OhTwoAltimaSE said:
But emission modifications are a big no-no.
correct... with todays high flow cats there is really no reason for people to jack with it anyways...

That's one of the reasons you will always see in NPM projects that we hook up the O2 sensors in the proper spot after header installs and we run cats on all the project cars..

We also suggest installing a cat and relocating the O2 when you install a header on models that came equipped with only the close coupled cat built into the exhaust manifold and no addition cat. (Federal models). Keeping the correct reading for the ecu....keeps the OBDII system happy.

The thinking that a cat robs a ton of HP is old school thinking.. The newer cats are really efficent.

8,963 Posts
spauldij said:
Hi all. I have a 2001 SE auto (I know, I know) and am interested in whatever I can do to get increased performance out of my 2.0 without voiding my warranty. There are so many products making crazy claims (from gas additives to air intake "cyclones", etc) including some that claim to boost gas mileage AND horsepower (and regrow hair, and make you more attractive to chicks, and....)

Thanks!
first stay away from the fly by night infomercial crap, additives or anything like that..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.