Nissan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a 2016 Frontier S this last week and am looking for the following accessories for the truck:

1 - Sunshade to keep it cool and protect the dash

2 - Seat covers to protect the seats

3 - Mud flaps for the front and rear (Nissan MSRP is $70/set)

For the sunshade I am considering a CoverKing custom shade for about $28. I'd like to see/feel the seat covers before I buy ... but local availability of product is lacking. Anyone purchase any of these items for their truck and care to make a recommendation? Looking for positive and negative recommendations.

Thank you ...

·
Registered
370 Posts
Hey Dud,

I prefer a Neoprene type Seat Cover for Fit and Durability. So far I like the Universal fit on my '13 SV because the Custom Fit leave's too much uncovered Seat, especially on the passenger Fold down seat. In my opinion keeping a Seat cover on especially a new vehicle pay's off big time in resale value. As long as you don't spend too much. I wore out about 3 set's of Neoprene Seat cover's over the 20 year's. After I got a '13 Frontier, took them off before selling Hardbody, and the Seat's looked just like Brand New. I was Stunned and they made a believer out of me. First person that looked at the Hardbody gave me 4 Grand Cash. That's @ 20 Year's and 176K Mile's, that I paid 10K Out The Door, Brand Spanking New.

This is what I've got on mine now,, since '13 when new,, and they are still holding up very well:

New Wetsuit Seat Covers Set of 2 Universal Fit Bonus 2 Seat Belt Pads Water Resi | eBay

I just use a front car car shade for midsize from Advance Auto; Not perfect fit,, but work's good enough for me.

I went with Front Nissan Brand Hood bug shield. Good investment for front hood paint protection IMO.

So far, I haven't gone with the mud flaps yet,, mainly because I haven't seen anything that I like yet. Didn't have any on my previous Hardbody that I drove for 20 year's, so.

·
NF Mod/Nissan Master Tech
2006 Pathfinder LE, 2003 Frontier SVE
9,709 Posts
Stick with the genuine Nissan splash guards. They fit and look better than anything on the aftermarket and will be covered under your 3-year/36000 bumper to bumper warranty. Same goes for the hood protector.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts