Nissan Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just purchased an 87 200SX with a VG30, and dreams of adapting turbos off of a 300zx, and I am looking for a body kit to fit this car. Seeing as it is an S12 chassis, would it be fair to assume that I could adapt an S13 body kit for a 240SX to this car with minimal, or no, additional fiberglass work? If this is possible, i.e. the dimensions of the front and rear bumpers, and the length of the side skirts are close enough, has anyone had experience adapting these kits?

·
PB JELLY TIME!
1,484 Posts
Dude, a 1987?! How many miles does that thing have? And how much did you pay? I dont know about your qestion, sorry.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
70k miles, and I only paid $300 for it. It has the VG30, and I'm looking into swapping a VG30DETT into it and making one hell of a sleeper. I'm only looking for a body kit because the front bumper is a little torn up. I've seen the erebuni kit, they have it listed on nopi.com, but I was wondering about adapting an s13 kit to fit the s12 chassis. My stepfather does body work, so a little contouring isn't really a problem.

·
P.O.S. Truckdriver
2,070 Posts
i dont think it would be a problem to adapt a kit..atleast not too much so. if the chassis didnt get any wider all you would have to do is mess with mounting points prolly. buy the bumper u want and try it..if it doesnt work sell it.

·
Registered
327 Posts
JC Whitney has a front spoiler for that model.Its a copy of the oem one for the turbo s12. Erebuni also makes universal peices that wouldn't be to hard to fit to your ride,and if the side skirts are longer than whats on your car is it not hard to shorten them{thanx daddy}.Remeber first people see your car and if their is a sporty body kit on it; it won't be a sleeper anymore.sleeper=stealth.Awsome deal though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts