Nissan Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a question that comes to mind. Do all SE-R's have remote keyless entry. I have the blinky security light on my bezel. I only have a key and that's how i open the doors.

·
Mofo
2,225 Posts
Im pretty sure it was an option. Where is the light located exactly. Sounds to me the previous owner had an alarm installed.
Also please trim your sig length down to 4 lines please.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
IT's in the middle of the tach and says "security", and i'll fix the six later today.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Mine has a light in the same location. I have keyless entry on mine, but it took a crap and I replaced it with aftermarket. When it worked the light would give the status like any normal alarm setup. All I can figure is that they were all built with the light in that location and then the keyless was just plugged up to a universal wiring harness if that option was bought. May be able to scam a keyless contol box from the junk yard, but I can't be sure that would work. You would have to know how to set it up also.
A cheaper route would be to get an aftermarket system and then have the status light wire routed into that light. Much easier if that's what you are trying to accomplish.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That IS what i'm trying to accomplish. So that's probably what i'll do, because i want to run a remote starter with it too. It does blink when i lock the doors, but that's it. It doesn't even blink when the car's locked and the doors are closed.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Just get a nice aftermarket then and have them tie it into that light. Shouldn't be too hard for a decent install shop to do.
One thing I should mention. The factory option of this alarm does have a starter kill. I had to leave mine hooked up and just put another one on top of it. I had a problem one day where the remote wouldn't work and I couldn't get my car to start becuase it was armed. Funny thing was my remote was dead for weeks and I didn't arm it. It doesn't have passive arming either. After sitting in the parking lot reciting every curse word I knew, a lady came out and opened her truck with her remote. Wadda ya know! I disarmed mine too! That's the same day I cut the antenna wire off the factory one, disconnected the starter kill wire and installed an aftermarket.
Moral of the story, ... make sure you don't have the option already installed and don't know it. Could leave you stranded, but odds are slim.

Good luck! :cheers:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts