Nissan Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to swap my seats out for something else... I've been eyeing some S13 240SX seats... the rails seem to be similar and I think they will be a direct bolt in. My other option was go grab some out of a B13... what experiences have people here had with swapping seats? I'm VERY interested in the S13 seats if they'll work though...

·
Registered
32 Posts
I threw some pulsar bucket seats in my b12, Its a direct fit. It doesnt look that bad being from the same era!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They look exactly like the seats I have now... and they suck. No lateral support at all (which I don't REALLY care about too much) and super uncomfortable. I think I'm just gonna bug my co-worker who has a B13 and see if we can see if they'll fit.

·
Registered
293 Posts
I put them in my 4 door - but had them recovered...

Hey, Sonic

I found a front lip and the rear side pieces in a junkyard in Poland for your sport coupe. They want like $200 bucks for the front lip and rear pieces - shipping will rape you though. Well on the front lip, the rear side pieces you could get shipped pretty cheap. I could probably get you a GTI sport coupe steering wheel also.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Soon as the guy sells them they are gone...

I meant to say you could get the rear ground effects pieces for the back bumper shipped cheap because they come off the normal bumper. The front lip will cost you several hundred to ship (trust me I know). Possibly cheaper though since their exchange rate with us is good.

If you want the steering wheel let me know - I can get that shipped with my wiring this week.

·
Apprentice Technician
784 Posts
Soon as the guy sells them they are gone...

I meant to say you could get the rear ground effects pieces for the back bumper shipped cheap because they come off the normal bumper. The front lip will cost you several hundred to ship (trust me I know). Possibly cheaper though since their exchange rate with us is good.

If you want the steering wheel let me know - I can get that shipped with my wiring this week.
can you PM me the cost of the wheel and the bumper pieces, both together or individually? i might just start collecting pieces when i can, and if those pieces are cheap, i'd take em now.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
I upgraded my stock seats from my 90 "e" sentra to brand new cushions from a "SE" sport coupe, the drivers seat back also has the lumbar and wing adjustment. The cushions are still available from OEM Surplus Parts At Giveaway Prices! for $25 per cushion. I had to replace the seat slides also as the sport coupe cushions mount differently to the slides than the stock seat cushions do, I also found that the brackets from the wagons will work. I think any sentra that has the normal type seat belts (unlike the sentra that uses that door mounted seatbelt will work), pictures of my new seats below. Alos bought new matching door panels and installed a new carpet to match all from oem-surplus.

also forgot to add you will have to install the seatbelt "stalks" like in my pictures as the seatbelts won't clip into the side of the seats like with the stock seats anyl onger

·
Registered
293 Posts
Actually, look at the pic at the top of my seats. I didn't have to add the "stalks". All I did was switch the seat bases/cushions. So, I've got the seat belts just as factory (one on the floor and one on the door) and I have sport seats.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
there was a reason I had to use the stalks, I think it was because the seat brackets I used on the inside of the seats didn't have the mounting area for the other seat belt, it's been a while since I did that I don't remember everything, I do remember the SE cushions required a different seat track bracket.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I already have Sport Coupe seats!! They SUCK. The side bolsters suck... way too soft...

Probably because I'm used to my RX8 :/

I need something with some decent bolstering... I'll just make S13 seats fit.

·
Registered
56 Posts
does anyone know in mid 80s mustang seats will fit into the pulsar/b12 sportback to replace the stockers?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts