Nissan Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a new 01 LE pathfinder. Its was wrecked in the front end. Iam going to be replacing the airbags soon. I've read the seat belts lock on a front end collision which it had. My question is how can I release them, I was told to replace the airbags which Iam going to thursday. I've also heard that when they lock, you have to replace them because something snaps in them to cause them to lock. Sounds odd to me but Iono. The car is a salvaged title and please dont bash me over it, It runs great. Because of that though I cant put it on the street until things are fixed. I post a question related to the airbags earlier but Iam loaded with them, any help would be great and Nissan won't touch a salvage so I believe iam gonna have to figure this one out.

1) I have the documation on replacing the airbags, pull the power, due the labor. After I installed them into the machine, is there anything special I need to do so they won't deploy when i hook the battery/turn the truck on.

2) Is there a way to reset those seat belts, looking at the factory service manual and seat belts, I can't see where something snapped, I think a damn code/computer is holding it up.

-Thanks

·
Registered
104 Posts
Hi, I won't tell you anything about air bags, I know nothing about them. Also, I don't blame you for going after a salvage title, if you have the know how to fix the damage, and you can get it all running and operating normally, then there is nothing wrong with that.

For the seat belts, I would sugest you take a look at them. Get the unit out if you can and see what it is like. It would seem odd for them to stay locked, I would think they may once in awhile accidently be tripped, but I can't say for sure. If it has no wires to it, then you know for sure it is all mechincal (no computer). Then you should be able to possibly unlock them depending on the set up. It may also be easier just to buy new ones or look around at other used working ones (Its an 01 so it may be hard to find that though). If there is a computer, I really can't help you then, sorry

1 - 2 of 2 Posts