Nissan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody-

I am new to this forum, but my experience is that users know how things work better than the makers!
In this case I am really hoping that this is the case with Pathfinders!

I use my car off-road. But it appears that this 4x4 isnt allowed to drive around 1000ac fields without you wearing the seat belt - so it buzzes / chimes at you.

How can I disable this warning feature that drives me nuts. I dont particularly want to diable the airbags just the alarms. How can I trick the car into thinking that the seat belt is plugged in.

I need to do both sides as either the dog on the front seat or my lunch box apparently needs to be belted in also.

I have done the google bit and there are marvellous ways of reprogramming the internal computer, (involving turning on and off 20 times whilst holding the odometer reset button) for many makes of cars but not Nissan - which is why I am here.

PS if so many forums are full of ways to diable warning chimes / buzzes why do they put them in?

Hopefully someone somewhere knows of a method????

Cheers from frozen England, Kevin

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sorry to add more, but whilst I'm at it--

No Ashtray!!
Can I put a cigarette lighter into the front 12v outlet without setting light to the car?

How can you lock a keyless car without engaging the ultrasonics? I need to lock the car whilst the dog is still inside??

Cheers Kevin

·
Registered
9 Posts
Do the cop thing and put the in the buckle, then get in, so it is behind you. Basically leave it bucked all the time.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes OK - do the cop thing BUT; when leaving the field to go back on the road you'd have to get out of the seat and re-do the belt properly.

I just know there must be a way of turning it off. Or cutting the wire, or unplugging it, or reprogramming the computer. Dismantling the clip to remove a spring, putting a little wire in to complete a circuit or something. I know when I should be wearing a belt because the cops over here fine you for not doing so. Unless of course you are a cop doing the cop thing - no belt, speeding, on the phone, eating chocolate and drinking coffee - all whilst under perfect control!

There must be a FIX ?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Quick fix - switch to Gibson and it will take care of both issues!!. What's wrong with your Paul Reed Smith?

·
Nissan Technician
118 Posts
I'm not aware of any override for the chime. I'd recommend going to a junkyard, cutting the buckle out of a belt, and plugging the bastard in.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
There must be a mechanical way of doing this if not a computer overide.
How mechanically does the belt clippy thing know that a belt is clipped in? I need to con the clippy thing that the belt is always in? Has anybody ever taken one of these apart? (There is a marvellous description and photos on how to remove a little spring inside the clip on a toyota - which cures this alarming beeping)

I am making progress though! I have found some ashtrays and cigarette lighters on ebay, good old ebay!

Lots of Nissan workers made redundant in UK yesterday, they are many others just not selling enough cars. (My 2008 Pathfinder I bought brand new for £20K instead of the list price of £31K.) Troubled times ahead for car makers.

Perhaps one of the redundant employees could earn some cash by telling us to get around annoying alarm bells?

Cheers Kevin

·
Nissan Technician
118 Posts
My recommendation is your best bet. There are 2 wires to the buckle, and the male end completes a circuit when it's clipped in. You can wire something up, but it's going to be ugly and a pain in this ass compared to a spare buckle that you keep in the console.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi vrefon - I have seen one of the wires, a little thin green one, which is visible going to the buckle.
A Nissan technician must know where it goes under the seat. It must go to a plastic socket/clip of somekind where a little wire shorting them across would work. But the technicians seem to be under Nissan orders not to tell you.
Apart from that, a trip to the scrap yard is the best bet yet!

Cheers Kevin

PS - Cars and Guitars - played the PRS + Marshall last night and yet again them didnt seem to work - I cant understand whats going on as I have all the gear and use my fingers- just like the pro's - but it just dont sound the same!!!!!!

·
Nissan Technician
118 Posts
It plugs into the harness under the seat. Do whatever you want to your car, but you did ask for advice.

And btw, I'm one of those technicians. It makes my life harder when people fuck around with that kind of shit. The next owner is the one that comes in, and when I replace the seatbelt (I can figure out what you've done, but I need time, and customers never seem to want to pay for diag) and it doesn't fix the complaint, it's MY ass in a sling.

KISS is a good philosophy and a great band.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts