Nissan Forum banner

searched :( but me stoopeed

1K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  MNPULSAR 
#1 ·
a friend of mine has an 87 pulsar with 1.6 TBI... once it wearms up the car often quits.. it does behave differently when driven gently or really beaten on.. cant remember which way is more problematic.. ive searched for other such occurences but couldnt get a good grip on possible solutions.. i remember seeing in here somewheres people with similar problem and wodnering if it was a certain sensor.. if memory serves.. disconnecting said sensor would get the engine running in "limp" mode and prove it is the sensor.. anyone can poitn me in the right direction??

thanks again guys n gals

#3 ·
Slacky said:
be more specific about syptoms, smells noises, reactions to actions
no smells that i could remember.. but it acted as if it didnt want to run anymore.. like saying.. 'hey piss off man i got you this far!'

i remmeber raeding up that it might be a sensor... coudl it be the throttle pos sensor?? if not what else would have this effect... it seems to start up just fine when its cold.. once it warms up.. it very trouble some.. could it be somethign in teh cooling system? sensor in that department?

#5 ·
Slacky said:
will it rev up at all?
hmm. it will rev up some.. to be honest.. this is going on memory of 6 months ago and im only wondering now because it has been mentionned i could buy the car as i need a vehicule now.. i would need to know for sure whats the problem and how much it woul cost to fix.. ii know a CA18DET would set me back about 2g's but thats out of my reach financially as it is now lol

i guess ill need more info for you guys to be able to help me out more.. anyone have any idea which sensors i could search for?? maybe that would give me more luck

Thanks again!

#6 ·
what about pulling the codes from the ECU?? im sure that would give me a better idea of whats wrong.. now my question is... how is this done?? im sure theres something i have to do to the plug where a typical plug in diagnostic module would plug in.. but what exactly?? i dont have a FSM to lok into so im sorry if this seems very noobie type questions.. i just want to be sure i can fix it before i buy it hehe

#7 ·
The first sensor I would look at is the coolant temp sensor - it tells the ecu when the engine is warm - however, when that happens there is a batch of other sensors that come into play. Is it driveable while cold? If you need one there is a Factory service manual on EBAY http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=34229&item=7952822051&rd=1 After that my next would be vacum lines, egr ... more running info would help.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.