Nissan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Oh, Herro!
2,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I'm re-doing my sub box and doing it right instead of crappy this time, I need to know some ways of sealing around the subwoofer. Right now, even with the sub torqued now, there is a slight amount of air coming from the edge of the sub between two of the screws. I'm afraid it's going to get even worse after I carpet the box. Are there any good tricks for getting a nice, tight seal? I was thinking of making/buying a rubber gasket to sit under the sub. Any advice?

·
Oh, Herro!
2,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm planning on using Rockford Fosgate Noise Blocker on every panel I can. Also, my sub box is sealed with an 1/8" layer of Bondo - it's pretty well sealed up.

·
Registered
479 Posts
at least your doing some kind of treatment to your trunk with really helps out a lot. i really hate it when im driving and all i hear is the trunk coming apart with some kid thinking he's the badass on the road.

·
Oh, Herro!
2,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
With my setup you can't even hear it outside the car. I'm running a single 10" on 100w, so it's not exactly a bass monster, but I like it :) .

·
Oh, Herro!
2,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah, I don't really want a bass machine. My goals with my car don't include waking up the neighbors every time I come home or annoying the driver of the car next to me at a stoplight :) . That said, I think I might eventually upgrade to something along the lines of 250w on a single 10", but after a while. For now, I'm happy with my little $90 Kenwood amp :) .

1 - 9 of 9 Posts