Nissan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it okay to use seafoam on 1997 Pathfinder to clean out intake and IACV?

I heard you can run some through the brake booster. I was also thinking if you can put some in the hose by the throttle body that runs to the IACV, to clean that out.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was thinking to just add to gas tank..
Yeah I have before but wanted something to directly clean the intakes out. Something that would make it to the IACV more. I believe mine is dirty.

And I have talked to some others who have tried this seafoam spray directly into the intake or brake booster while engine was running. They then shut it off and let it heat soak. The come back after a while and start up and that should clean out the intakes and you should get a lot of smoke.

So I wanted to know if anyone has tried it on the pathfinders or heard of it and if it’s safe to do.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I think I CAREFULLY used throttle body cleaner to clean that valve on my SO’s ‘06 Pathy, being very careful not to let it run into the enclosed electrical circuit portion of the valve.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I know the later models pathy can have that problem where it shorts out from liquid getting to it. I believe it’s from a coolant leak.

But I have the Vg33e engine. Where the valve is located under the plenum at the back by the firewall. Id have to pull the plenum and everything else just to access it.

But the line feeding directly into it comes to the front and connects to the air duct. So I was thinking if I can feed some cleaner into there.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts