Nissan Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
417 Posts
I have a Cassette player in my BMW as well as a CD changer. The Cassette player has spun maybe 1 or 2 tapes and thats it. I tried that cassette adapter hooked to my Ipod, it was terrible in sound. I then picked up a Griffen I-Trip tuner module. That sounded better than the cassette adapter, however was still weak. I have given up on that untill I can wire in a direct "Line In" input.

In the end, burned MP3 onto a CD as a .wav are about the best compromise however you still are only limited to about 17-18 songs on average, but can be played in any CD player. I was not asking for a separate MP3 player, rather a universal CD/MP3 player that plays CDs and MP3s in a windows file structure. I have Giga Quads ( at least 50 disks :cool: ) of MP3 disks that have 70-80 songs on them. If the player was a MP3 player, it could play those till the cows came home. A person could load 6 of those in the changer and it would be like 480 songs or 3.9 gb of MP3 storage.

How can that become an 8-Track? If anything its the way stock Audio should be moving. All the Hyudais and Kias have it, as do many other makers like Mazda..etc.

· Registered
417 Posts
Avery Slickride said:
Sometimes I thank God for my tin ear. It saves me thousands in sound equipment, which I'm able to spend on other stuff. Cassette adapters, like anything else, vary in quality, but most of them are better than those little mini radio stations that broadcast from your iPod to the radio. But really, either is fine with me.
Ignorance is bliss :cheers:

· Registered
417 Posts
Actually, this was the one I wanted linked.

Here

Compatibility & Notes:
1. Compatible with All Nissan/Infiniti vehicles listed with CD Changer Controls and 12-pin CD Changer port behind radio.
2. NOT compatible with any Nissan or Infiniti radio with the "SAT" button.
3. Vehicle cannot be equipped with an external CD Changer (if so it must be disconnected from the factory radio).

The X-Trail has a built in CD changer as such, my not qualify...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.