Nissan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm the only one in my clique with a Nissan, but I alway held my own against the Civics, Preludes and V6 Accords. Then Pedro went and got himself a black 1998 GSR. For weeks everyone buzzed back and forth about which was quicker. A week later at Englishtown we found out. First gear was close, second was right there. Boom...third, he was gone. Pulls away and crosses before me.
The GSR ran a 15.7. I could only muster up a 16.1. This was unacceptable. That was August 2001.
Aint a thing. Called up Adam at Stillen, ordered headers and Greddy SP exhaust. Called up Ben at JWT, ordered S3 cams and ECU. Called up Miguel my mechanic in Paterson who works at All Brands Nissan for the install. March 2002, the car is ready for revenge...Oh, nobody knows about this but Miguel and I.;)
Soon after, I convince Pedro to meet me on Route 1&9 in Central Jersey. We line up at a light to go on green. 3000 rpm, and on green I drop my clutch. Both cars screamin' for traction. First gear, I'm ahead. Second gear, he's at my rear bumper. Third, it's over... I'm way ahead.
To this day he has no clue what I had done to the car. In the begining he would ask. I told him is was a tune up, exhaust and timming adjustment.
I don't know what the car is running now. I have not been to the track since last year. What I do know is that the blue Civic SI with that Vortech supercharger is next.:D

Z

·
0 Posts
Good kill. Now just get a CAI which should add 5-7 wheel HP and you'll be all set. :)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hmm.. I could rip on a GSR with considerablely less mods then that...

Hey atomicbomberman, the first time we raced, I was completely stock. No doubt I could have whipped him with just the ECU upgrade...just so happened that we did not race again till I had everything done.:rolleyes:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts