Nissan Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats the advantage of having SER wheels than aftermarket wheels? Im thinking about getting the 200SX SER wheels and getting rid of my aftermarket.

·
Former SuperMod
745 Posts
If you are speaking about the 15" B14 SE-R wheels, which I have and highly recommend, they can be lighter than some aftermarket wheels (i.e. heavy chrome "bling bling" 18s). Also, I feel they look great on a B13 Classic. Aftermarket wheels can look and perform very well (if they are lightweight and fit the car). It's personal preference. Someone recently here on the BB stated that the B14 SE-R wheels weight 17lbs --- if so, I think that is a decent weight for a 15" wheel... yes there are a lot of 15" wheels lighter than that, but for an OEM wheel it's pretty damn good. Hope this helps. :)

·
Oh, Herro!
2,337 Posts
Advantages: They're inexpensive (I got mine for $350), light (17lbs), look awesome on the B13, and are OEM Nissan, which is always cool.

Disadvantages: It can be difficult to find someone who is willing to part with theirs, if you bend one and need a new one, you're in a world of hurt, and more and more B13s are turning up with them.

Here's a pic of mine:

·
Former SuperMod
745 Posts
My Twin!

Hey Samo, you car looks just like mine! 'Cept that I have a spoiler, 4-drs, and is lowered. You even have the clear sidemarkers like me. :cool: Damn we rule... LOL

Sorry, haven't been able to post pics of the XE yet, but when I can I will. Anyone have some free webspace to host a few pics? :)

·
Oh, Herro!
2,337 Posts
LOL, you're like the eighth person that's asked me that this week. It's hella easy, just follow the instructions in the December '00 issue of SOLM - it's for the B12, but the idea basically carries over to the B13. Take your time with them and they'll come out great.

·
Registered
118 Posts
what if i dont have the december 2000 issue of solm? or what if i dont even know what solm stands for?

on the topic of wheels, on a b13, if you want nissan oem, i think nothing looks better than some nx wheels.

·
Oh, Herro!
2,337 Posts
ihateloops said:
what if i dont have the december 2000 issue of solm? or what if i dont even know what solm stands for?
Sorry, I just usually assume that most people read SOLM / NPM since it's free and all and online :) .

·
Registered
21 Posts
advantage, i'd rather say i have kool lookin oem wheels that are easy on the wallet rather than some BSA or some primax rims or something of that quality.
i have gunmetal B14 SE-R rims on my nx.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I still like my B13 SE-R wheels on my B13. :) They wiegh less than the B14 SE-R wheels and the tires are cheaper because its only a 14" wheel. In addition, I got my B13 SE-R wheels for $100 with tires :D

A

·
0 Posts
I have a b14 still with the stock rims. The thing is, even when I get new rims (hopefully next spring) I'll probably still keep my stockers for my winter tires. Looks like none of you will be getting your hands on MY rims... =)

Aaron

·
Tuner/Mechanic
266 Posts
i've got the b14 ser wheels, and damn. everyone i know has complimented me on them, they look bad ass. i got mine for 300! btw, the handling difference with performance tires/bigger, lighter wheels is tremendous! plus, the centercaps say nissan, peole usually don't look twice!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts