Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
:eek: It was 3am on a saturday night when i was called out to run my boys 99 Turbo honda Si. That night the weather was about 40 -50*F. I had a stock BBDET with stock SER fuel pump and sr20det computer. My boost max was at 7 PSI. Nothing fancy. As we line up to run. I was a bit worried about how much this guy is going to beat me. He was boosting 10 PSI. As the flager wave us off...I pulled and pulled hard enough to have about 1/2 car on him. Keep that ground on till i finish 3 gear..4th gear was a different story it felt like my car did not want to run any more that is when i notice was doing close to 100MPH. The Civic came along me in 4th and kept walking at the end of 4th he was about 1/2 car on me. I explained to him that my SER is running a stock DET computer and my MPH cut off at 115 but before a 100 MPH the computer starts to cut back the fuel. He said your makeing up excuse. I said "ok". We ran the second time. The second time i layed it on him. My full driving skills. I launched at low RPM pulling away quickly leaving him about 1 car. Second gear he was no longer there. At the end oh 3th gear the race was over i tap my brakes and called it a night..he said "I mist a gear". I said "ok".

Fair is Fair.
:D

·
CA18DET Wizard
1,366 Posts
Make sure your car has the sufficient fuel to run at those speeds because you just may have been leaning out. becareful playing with that stock pump. Turbocharging is no joke and you'll be melting pistons like marshmallows.

·
All over your face!
2,384 Posts
Naw.. you should be all good. I'm still running my stock XE fuel pump. My JWT ecu does help some, but I wouldn't worry too much. Just don't turn up the boost without a new fuel pump and FPR. It's not wise; (see marshmellow reference)

Good kill though. It's all about the torque. I think your next near future mod should be a new JWT ecu. Then fuel pump and FPR. Then you'll be handing people their ass all day long.

(unrelated)

Get this boost_boy. I got some kid in a V6 camaro "with exhaust" (scary I know :rolleyes: ) talking like he has a pair! I'm gonna go ahead and put down $20 (the most I can afford) on this race. I've never bet on a race before, but when its a sure thing... Ha Ha. Kids these days!

"How about after 3 gears I just have someone hand me your $20 Mr. Camaro man, as I'm sure you'll be hiding with your tail between your legs where I can't find you."

·
CA18DET Wizard
1,366 Posts
"How about after 3 gears I just have someone hand me your $20 Mr. Camaro man
Hey man, it $20 for 20 seconds of your time and fuel. Sounds like an even swap for a swindle to me. Smoke his @ss;) And I know you will........

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll wait on till next year when I install my 3037,. 550 injec and 300z mass airflow sensor then maybe the JWF ecu. I dont like JWF he is over rated. I am planning to go with greddy E-manage system. ;)

Z

·
0 Posts
I don't think JWT is overrated at all. They do pretty much the absoute best ECU programming for our cars. I had a JWT chip in my NX2000 with a DET, and that car drove better than stock. I mean it idled better, smoother power delivery and of course 100 HP over stock.

·
CA18DET Wizard
1,366 Posts
In my case of experiences with JWT, I was warned ahead of time that they'd never done a pulsar's ecu remapped for turbo. The 1st trip, the ecu failed and I was part to blame. The 2nd run was a malfunction in the ECU and I lost an engine. The 3rd time was a success and it was my JWT programmed ECU that controlled my engine enroute to getting caught speeding at 173mph in which I had been pressing that pedal for a while trying to blow the engine (it did not). I think JWT has earned the respect from me after the thrashing I gave my engine that night and I would honestly say that their product has been proven. But to each his own as I use an aftermarket system now for more flexibility, accessibility and user friendly tunability. For SR20's, VG30's and the more popular engines, JWT has the formula for success. My 2 cents....

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm happy you guys feel that way. Only because JWF is the only guy tuning SR20 computers. If you live in the islands and send your computer to get tuned by JWF it will cost you $100. Go figure. I currently have a computer wiz working on JWF tune computers to figure out what type of programs he is running. Once you have a dyno any thing is possible you just have to keep trying. Maybe in a few years you might be sending me your computers.
Viztec

·
Icy Hot Stunta
2,366 Posts
4Play said:
I'm happy you guys feel that way. Only because JWF is the only guy tuning SR20 computers. If you live in the islands and send your computer to get tuned by JWF it will cost you $100. Go figure. I currently have a computer wiz working on JWF tune computers to figure out what type of programs he is running. Once you have a dyno any thing is possible you just have to keep trying. Maybe in a few years you might be sending me your computers.
Viztec
First off, who is JWF? Is this some other company besides JWT? JWT is the best Nissan tuner out there. Second, do you have dyno access? Do you have experiance with tuning turbo motors? Do you have a broad band horiba 5 wire UEGO A/F meter?

If not, I don't think you could improve on JWT's tuning with a Greddy E-Manage. In fact with a turbo motor, there is a good chance you will mess up a few motors in the learning process. Also dyno time is pretty expensive. You will end up spending more money trying to tune yourself.

Third, JWT's programs are copywrited and if you rip them off, you are violating copywrite law and you just told a bunch of people that you are doing it on the internet!

Mike

574 WHP 300ZXTT, 368 WHP SE-R, 176 Whp All Motor Pumpgas SE-R. All JWT ECU equpped

Z

·
0 Posts
Yeah, what is this JWF you speak of? JWT = Jim Wolf Technology - that's Technology spelled with a T. As far as what can you say you are trying Laws lol... is that English? If you are trying to reverse engineer JWT's ECU so you can make your own, that's illegal. If you think you can tune SR20 engines better than JWT, then why are you trying to find out how they do it? Why not just make your own program and show everybody how much better it is?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm not the best writer/speller as you all can tell. Let me try and explain me self a little clear. I know that tune "JWT" computers are very good and VERY SAFE. Personally I believe I can tune as well as JWT. I don’t care who he is and what he does. Soon a dyno will be in place at my friend shop. The Tuning will begin. I'm not scared to blow a few motors up. I have the place the resource and the money to invest in this dream. Simple.
VizTec
:)

·
CA18DET Wizard
1,366 Posts
What they're saying is the comment you made
I currently have a computer wiz working on JWF tune computers to figure out what type of programs he is running.
leaves a door open to make people speculate that you're going to infringe on copyrights laws and rip off Mr. Wolf and his business by building ECU's off the one's his company has programmed. You have to be careful at what you say because it can easily be misinterpreted around here and seeing that there are a bunch a avid JWT fans here doesn't help either. If you're going to create programs and whatever method you use, it's your secret so keep it to yourself! This is an informative post and is by no means written to hassle you or put you down 4PLay.

·
Icy Hot Stunta
2,366 Posts
Boost Boy,

Is your car a B12 with a custom turbo E motor or did you do an SR20 swap?

Mike

·
Icy Hot Stunta
2,366 Posts
4Play said:
I'm not the best writer/speller as you all can tell.
:)
OK, I just wanted to know if JWF was a new company that I had not heard of yet.

Mike

·
CA18DET Wizard
1,366 Posts
:D Last time I looked under the hood, it looked like a CA18DET;) But hell, I could be wrong...LOL:D CA18DET it is..............P<O>S;)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts