Nissan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all - I drive a 92 1600 NX, and I'm looking at getting a SR20 t-body (also 92). So questions:

1. Will it bolt up to the intake plenum?
2. Is it bigger bore - i.e.: any point to this?

Regards,
--R

D

·
0 Posts
It will bolt up but you have to do some things. It would be easier for you to get a 95+ SE-R TB. Direct bolt up and linkages match.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
T-body

Thanks for the heads up, DA91! You are truly the wellspring of valuable information. I'll try and source one of those t-body's locally...

Regards and thanks!

--R

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
the 91-92 low port head SR20 had a goofy linkage attachment. The 95 sr20 TB works, but not if you have an automatic like mine. I had to modify and switch the GA linkage to the SR TB because the SR20 had no kcikdown cable like the GA, so it won't work with the auto by itself, I used a number of things to convert it. The TPS works wonderful, just adjust to GA specs for your year, get from manual or dealer, plug it in and GO! You need to port the opening also and shave the inner piping from the air induction valve to make the butterfly clear it. Many forget to tell you that, but bolt it on and you will see what I am talking about.
Chris 92 classic

1 - 5 of 5 Posts