Nissan Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
I purchased my SE-R December 31st in Lafayette, IN.

I bought the 6-speed manual Smoke w/ Charcoal and grey interior.

I will be posting pics as soon as I get back to the states as I was forced to leave my SE-R in the states to come back to the desert for work.

I miss her greatly :(

Just for a laugh I'll tell you about my wife getting pulled over in Tennesse the day after I bought the car. Needless to say, she is no longer of fan of my new baby.

· Registered
9 Posts
I would agree with Walter on all aspects other than the wheels. Although I have seen some wheels I would like to have on my SE R, I am quite happy with the current ones (that and the wife won't let me get new ones yet anyways). If I remember correctly, when putting my Smoke color next to the Code Red, I did like the wheels better on mine though.

The torque steer did take a little getting used to, and it still surprises me now and again. All-in-all, I'd have to say that I love my new Altima and am very happy with my purchase.

Sorry, Web, forgot to answer your questions.

As for what cars are similar to this car, I can only tell you the cars I was looking at when I bought this one. I had almost decided on an Acura TL when I walked into the airport parking lot and saw six of them on my way into the airport (I have yet to see another Altima SE R on the road). I was also looking at the G35 sedan and the Maxima. I drove an Altima 3.5SL and really liked it until my buddy put me into the SE R. I fell in love and signed the paperwork right then.

As for mods and what not, I've been looking into that myself. What I've found after reading around forums and looking at JWT, it seems that this engine has been out for a while and most current 3rd party mods will also work with the VQ35DE that is in the SE R. For those of you more mechanically inclined than myself, is this true?

Clayton

· Registered
9 Posts
I'd post a picture of my Smoke colored SE R, but alas it is in South Carolina and I am in the Middle East. Oh how I miss my car. I've never seen smoke side by side with another SE R, but I put it up to a black SE and I like the Smoke a lot better.

Congratz in advance on your new Altima SE R, I"m sure you will enjoy it.

(I had to dealer trade for my smoke, but they seem to have shipped a lot of them out)

· Registered
9 Posts
SR20AL said:
This is a highly debated topic, so break your engine in how you want. I broke my Altima SE-R in hard. We’ll see what the numbers look like when I put it on the dyno.
Well, I unknowingly broke my SE-R in my way. I wish I had asked this question sooner as I now have 1900 miles on my car (atleast I think, it's been a month since I've driven it). I had planned on buying the car when my lease ran out, but now I think I have changed my mind. I think I'll buy a new one and take care of it the right way.

When I get back to the states in a few months, should I automatically take my car in for an oil change and maybe some other preventative work? I am having a friend take it out once a week while I'm gone, but that is it. Also, do you always put premium gas in your SE-Rs? Does it make a difference.

Thanks,
Clayton

· Registered
9 Posts
Well, I'm finally back in the states and after a little over 2 months I get to drive my SE-R again. I'm taking her in this morning to get the oil changed and all the preventive maintenance goodies before an 11 hour road trip next week.

As soon as the wife gets back into town with the camera, I should have some pics up.

Clayton

· Registered
9 Posts
Clayton_SE-R said:
I purchased my SE-R December 31st in Lafayette, IN.

I bought the 6-speed manual Smoke w/ Charcoal and grey interior.

I will be posting pics as soon as I get back to the states as I was forced to leave my SE-R in the states to come back to the desert for work.

I miss her greatly :(

Just for a laugh I'll tell you about my wife getting pulled over in Tennesse the day after I bought the car. Needless to say, she is no longer of fan of my new baby.

So I never did post any pictures after this post and I just felt the need....

http://armageddonwk.nrgservers.net/IMG_2693.JPG

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.