Nissan Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
65 Posts
Hello,

As to repair costs here are my estimates, these are not major problems.

Right side mirror, you should be able to get just the glass, try Pep Boys (Motormight makes replacement mirror glass) @$20 or less.

Door lock problem, I would suspect that the lock cylinder is not broke. Anytime a slim jim is used on that car a little pin pops out of place and causes the condition you discribed, if that is the case the pin might be in the door still (free fix). Worse case you need a new lock cylinder @$40.

Trunk realese not working, either the cable broke or someone closed the trunk while pulling the release(personal experience) either way should not be a hard fix. Remove the rear seat and climb into the trunk and check it out. Cable price est. $45-$100 new around $20 used. If the trunk opens from the outside its the cable.

Broken tail light, you will need to replace the whole assembly. New @ $70-$100. Used would probably be about $30-$45.

There is a Nissan junkyard in Rancho Cordova, their prices are OK and they are helpful.

If the body of the car is OK and the motor and transmission are in good condition, $2800 is a good price, SE-R prices in the Bay Area can be pretty steep.

Some of us Nissan people get together sometimes BBQs and stuff. Hope it works out. Let me know how it goes and if you need the info abut the junkyard.

· Registered
65 Posts
About the door lock, new cylinders are usually sold in sets so you can replace both and they will have the same key.

If you do buy the car and are not in a big rush for some of these fixes, I have a "spare" B13 sentra that I will be junking pretty soon.

Well I hope all goes well, we need more Sentra peps here in the Bay.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.