Nissan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Former SuperMod
745 Posts
I have the $tillen rear-section on my B13 1.6, but the piece will fit both 1.6 and 2.0 B13s. Was purchased for $230 about 4 years ago. Looks good (not flashy), sounds deep but droney at times. I always liked it, but have been enjoying it more recently thanks to my B13 2.0 b-pipe. The bigger pipe fits nicely with the rear-section from $tillen, since the flange appears to be closer to 2" (just bigger than 2.0 piping). Greatly increased throttle response and power throughout the band, due to more exhaust fumes exiting the system. Hope this helps. :)

·
Registered
346 Posts
The SE-R is a good Exhaust

The SE-R is a good exhaust upgrade for the 1.6 liter Sentras as it will help out exhaust flow much more due to the increased piping diameter, I know it is pricey but why not just save up and get the Greddy Cat-Back exhaust.....its got smooth mandrel bends not crushed bends, beautiful quality aluminized 2.0 piping which is perfect for a naturally aspirated GA16DE engine and a nice stainless seel muffler with Greddys 4.0 stainless Tip. Hell if you dont like the tip for fear of being too ricey you could get it cut off and weld one of your size choice?......hope this helps you dude.....just want you to get your moneys worth and trust me you will with Greddy!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
thanks, so did the $tillen rear sectional only do alot by itself? because im thinking of getting that then later on maybe a month or 2 finish up with an se-r b pipe, i really dont wanna put 400+ just into a cat back, i want to keep it cheap,

·
Former SuperMod
745 Posts
MinorThreat said:
thanks, so did the $tillen rear sectional only do alot by itself? because im thinking of getting that then later on maybe a month or 2 finish up with an se-r b pipe, i really dont wanna put 400+ just into a cat back, i want to keep it cheap,

It's hard to say since I did the rear-section first... before intake (CAI) and header. What other mods to you have? I feel that a muffler, as opposed to a catback, will make better power when combined with an intake and header... at least with an intake. It's all about getting more air in, burning fuel efficiently, and getting more air out... as fast as possible. :D If you are interested in the $tillen product, I'd watch out if you live in an area of the country with a lot of rain / snow... and with snow, the salt for when it snows. I have heard some stories about the rear-section rusting and decaying due to the elemets. Living in AZ we don't really get much of that (monsoons this time of year, lil' snow up in the mountains) so my piece looks fine.

As for adding on a B13 SE-R b-pipe, this I definitely recommend. Thought it is not the 2" mandrel piping like the GReddy, it is about 1 7/8" crushed (bigger than 1.6)... and you may be able to pick one up cheap. I was lucky enuff to snag one from a local guy who's now turbo, so he didn't need his OEM piece. Cost me a handshake and smile. :)

Bottom line: it's a good piece, ok price (can get custom flowmaster or whatnot for cheaper), deep but droney sound, goes very nicely with SE-R b-pipe, not ricey / flashy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts