Nissan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
4,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
so i had problems installing my cai but i conqured and over came............so im picking up my room and as i go to move the box i glance a the tag on the side and realize THEY SENT ME AN SE INTAKE! granted it could be a 200sx se, but still would a 2.0 intake be bad for my ga? willl i lose power like on an exhaust that is to big?

·
Wise Cracker
5,730 Posts
1.6pete said:
so i had problems installingym cai but i conqured and over came............so im picking up my room and realize THEY SENT ME AN SE INTAKE! ranted it could be a 200sx se, but still would a 2.0 intake be bad for my ga? willl i lose power like on an exhaust that is to big?
You would know if they sent you an SR20 intake as the coupler that attaches to the throttle body would be bigger than the one that you shoudl get for the GA. Also what brand did you buy, that might help us answer with more certainty.

·
Banned
4,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
place racing and the copler of the throttle body was big.......but i just sinched it down hella tight, and checked for kinks <none) also i coverd the air temp hole with duct tape, is this ok? i didnt have time to extend the temp wires. to make it all fit i had to use my dremel and cut about 2 and 1/2 inches off of the MAF side of the CAI extention.
edit: fixed my first post (i typed it rather fast because i had to go cover the hole in my intake with tape lol...i forgot)

·
My ass, your face
3,520 Posts
place racing is/was pretty specific to models and trim when it came to intakes..they mightve sent you a sentra se intake(designed for an sr20)...

·
Banned
4,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hmmm well the maf adaptor they sent me fits...does this tell you anything? i didnt use it tho becuase it was threaded and i didnt feel like drilling out the threads so i used my ebay one.

·
Wise Cracker
5,730 Posts
1.6pete said:
hmmm well the maf adaptor they sent me fits...does this tell you anything? i didnt use it tho becuase it was threaded and i didnt feel like drilling out the threads so i used my ebay one.
If you have it installed, you made it fit, and it is working does it really matter anymore?

I would get that sensor wired and installed properly.

·
Banned
4,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
nope dosent matter at all. i just didnt know if it would decrease HP or something like that. like a cat back ment for a 2.0L on a 1.6L would not be good, but i guess the intake dosent matter. thanks

·
Registered
2018 Nissan Pathfinder SL
4,277 Posts
1.6pete said:
nope dosent matter at all. i just didnt know if it would decrease HP or something like that. like a cat back ment for a 2.0L on a 1.6L would not be good, but i guess the intake dosent matter. thanks
The 200sx se was a 1.6 in 97 when daughter purchased her SER.
So I think it may be for the GA.

·
Banned
4,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yea i realize that....thats why i was asking just incase it was for the 2.0L but everything fits (now) and im gathering that would be the only problems. so this case is solved :thumbup: thanks guys

1 - 10 of 10 Posts