Nissan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am planning on buying an overhead flip down screen for my sentra. I just want to know if anyone has this in their car and what is everything I need to install it.

·
Bow down BiAtch >;o)
1,356 Posts
just a suggestion.......an indash unit would be a much better choice then a flip down unit in such a compact car. Flip downs are made mainly for fullsize or suv's.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Come on guys I need some help. Im going to bu a screen but need some answers first.

·
Registered
145 Posts
How much money you got? You most likely can't get a screen to hook up to your current head unit, you'd need a HU with dvd capabilities. Save up your money and get an in-dash flip out unit. But...get a good one, don't get some cheap ass pyle or something like that. Pioneer, clarion, kenwood, something like that. Probably 900-1400 for one of those.

·
Registered
314 Posts
neither an overhead flipdown or a fold out will hook up to your factory head unit unless you have AV outs.....

Correct me if im wrong. Like mirrortints said.... you will need DVD capabilities.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I dont have that much money. I might put a PS2 in it. I went by Circuit City and they told me that I am going to have to get an FM Modulator to get sound. And I decided to go with an indash unit.

·
Registered
339 Posts
If you are going with an indash flip out monitor...chances are you will not need the FM modulator. I'd say about 99% of indash monitors have at least one set of audio and video inputs. which unit did you decide on?

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
SentraStyleEMW said:
If you are going with an indash flip out monitor...chances are you will not need the FM modulator. I'd say about 99% of indash monitors have at least one set of audio and video inputs. which unit did you decide on?
Thats what I thought. I havent decided on which one I am going to get yet, since Christmas is coming I am going to have to put it on hold. :mad:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts