Nissan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.scr-scca.com/Autocross/sunfunrun.htm

They got these results out a lot quicker than the old ones. Like I said in the #2 thread, this course was heaven for the higher displacement/ higher hp cars, the results speak for themselves. I got 4th in STS, my lowest place yet this season, and 41st out of 84 overall. I got my closest time to Eric yet, only 0.163 second slower this time. Next month is at the same place, but the course is going to be a LOT tighter, so we have a chance again.

1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
00sentra said:
congrats on the race. I wish you well on your next event, hopefully you place higher...assuming that the tightness gives you an advantage over others
Ah.....yeah, definitely. Next time Tim in the SVT contour won't be able to go fast enough to get into 3rd gear which is where he kills me every time, in a relatively straight line. A car with 110hp at the flywheel is more suited to pull you around tight courses than compete in a straight line with an SVT worked over 2.5 V6. The tighter courses kinda negate all that extra power since it can't be used, and it's more of a suspension + driver race, which is what I like.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Id rather win by skill, then by power any day of the week....how embarassing it would be to lose to a smaller car, it just goes to show that racing is not all car, but on the skill of the driver.

E

·
0 Posts
Well I placed 35th out of 84 for overall times. Not bad for a high speed course. Well I can't wait to the next one!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts