Nissan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
freakish poster
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up a trunk lid with a spoiler from an LE (with the extra lights built in) for $40 (and amazingly the same color as mine) and I was hoping it would be a direct electical fit, but it isn't. Has anybody wired the spoiler lights and the extra brake and tail lights into an XE wiring harness? I'm not too worried about it and I'm sure I can figure it out but I don't want to encounter any electrical overloads.

·
Your electrical friend
2,177 Posts
The spoiler light works the same as your high mounted stop that's in your back window now. R/G and B wires. So what I'd do if I were you is this. If you're going to keep your high mounted stoplight in the back window, take the light out and remove the two terminals from the car side wiring harness that goes to that light. Solder on two wires that will be long enough to run through the trunk to the trunk lid mounted spoiler light. If the spoiler light didn't come with both harnesses, the light side and the car side, then you'll have to figure out a way to connect the wires to the light without having one half of the harness. If you aren't going to keep the high mounted light in the back window and you don't have the car side of the harness for the spoiler mounted light, then cut the harness off for the high mount and use it on the spoiler light. Just make sure you put a wire nut on the R/G wire that you cut to get that harness, you don't want that grounding on anything. You won't overload the circuit by adding the spoiler light in addition to the high mount stop. If you want more help, drop me an e-mail or a PM. :)

·
freakish poster
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks...I just didn't want to overload anything. Looks like this will be my Thanksgiving day project!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts