Nissan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
holy crap guys.
this is crazy. i am getting scared now. my greatest fear about spoilers has come true. I never wanted a spolier because at the joints they always start rusting, and me livving in mississauga, ontario the snow and salt will definetly help the rust. well yesterday i noticed that it has started the spoiler and truck meeting joint is now a slighjt brownish color and the black paint has coem off.
but lickily it is still in the intiial stage and no metal has yet been eaten. i want to know if u guys know of any rust killing spray or somethign of the sort. somethign i can do that wilkl stop it form rusting.
thanx a bunch broz.

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
POR-15 is fantastic stuff. It converts rust into a hard black stuff that can be sanded. Get a kit which has the metal prep solution in it. You will have to remove the spoiler so you can get at all the rust, but it really works.

Lew

·
Registered
120 Posts
Go to Canadian Tire or Home Hardware and get a can of Rust Check spray. It's the stuff that Rust Check, Krown etc. spray on the underbody of your car. Give it a liberal coating of that. Once it starts you can slow it down, but eventually you're going to have some body work to do.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts