Nissan Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I bought mine last month, I have had an eye out to see any other 240sx's around. I was starting to think I had the only one around. At first there were long distance sightings of probes (goofy 240sx rip offs), mitsubishi 3000's, and an 80's porsche at an import repair place.

Nissans in general are fairly unpopular in metro detroit, I have counted 8 nissans the past month going up and down SE michigan. 1 stanza, 1 vintage datsun, 2 xterra's, another SUV, and the rest were rusted beaters. Keeps me mildly occupied going here to there.

Today I got off school early for winter break, so around 11:30ish I am driving home. I get clausterphobic around the rude (but generally competent) MI drivers, so use whatever HP my KA sohc can give me to seperate me from the pack.

So I notice someone tailgating me, and I was about to feel some road rage till I see a Nissan symbol, I look again and its a later model 240sx. The driver passes me on the right to show off the car. Really nice, green, with tinted windows, catback exhaust. Could tell it had mods to the engine because it moved real quick. Could not see the driver for the tinted windows.

They got a good look at my car... the mud hid most of the dents, the salt covered up the mud and f-ed paint job.

Then they got cut off by a semi, and exited off Mich ave toward Dearborn. Kinda wanted to talk to 'em, check out the car. I am thinking that model (do not know the year) may be my next car purchase. Seein as it was all purty and stuff.

·
Locked and Loaded
1,227 Posts
were the headlights rounded or slanted?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
KaRdoN said:
were the headlights rounded or slanted?

I think rounded, but I did not get a good look at the front. Mostly the side and back. There was a lot of traffic with that semi around...It is hard to explain later model 240's because they are pretty unique looking. Almost had an old 60's british race car look to it.

·
Tarmac Terrorist
272 Posts
313ryans said:
I think rounded, but I did not get a good look at the front. Mostly the side and back. There was a lot of traffic with that semi around...It is hard to explain later model 240's because they are pretty unique looking. Almost had an old 60's british race car look to it.
I find the S14, 95-98 240SX looks oodly nothing like S13 240SX's...the doors are the only similar thing on the exterior with the body.
I find they look like a combination somwhere between Mazda MX6's and Mazda Rx7, Sife, Body styling comparison.
There is only one S14 in my area, I see it every once in a while, and older guy who works out of town drives it. On the other hand there are a good handfull of S13's mostly University students, My town is the home Of Saint Francis Xavier University - Known for it's famous X-Ring...Alot of people come here with different cars it's kinda quite interesting all the unique vehicles in such a small town!

·
Locked and Loaded
1,227 Posts
well, explain the tail lights then, well give you a good explanation, were they one long continuous strip? or were they like an RX-7s? or more like an integras?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
KaRdoN said:
well, explain the tail lights then, well give you a good explanation, were they one long continuous strip? or were they like an RX-7s? or more like an integras?

Sorry, have been busy trying to fix my car all day Sat, and killing a huge brown rat my wife saw in the attic...turned out to be a little gray mouse. Plus I got all excited about the eminent return of NHL hockey. Good thing I have no suicidal tendencies. Except for the first album.

Successfull at installing new injectors, no more hemmoraging of gas, but failed to get rid of knock/rattle sound that seems to be getting worse.

I was tired when I replied the headlights were round, my brain still suffers from all the fun I had in the 90's. They were not pop-ups at all. They were slanted. In between the headlights was a chrome Nissan hood ornament. The body style was rounded, not boxy at all. Smooth curves, elegant looking. THe back had a big silver 240sx above the tail lights. The tail lights looked like kouki(sp?) style lights...

·
Registered
104 Posts
well if the lights wernt pop-ups then you saw a s14 weither it was a s14 or s14.5 as most like to call it is unknown the only way I personaly can tell them apart is by looknig at there headlights I think the s14 is sexy I love the 14.5 tho because the headlights look way cleaner there really nice cars

·
LUCKY SLIDES 2 2/25/06
504 Posts
313ryans said:
Sorry, have been busy trying to fix my car all day Sat, and killing a huge brown rat my wife saw in the attic...turned out to be a little gray mouse. Plus I got all excited about the eminent return of NHL hockey. Good thing I have no suicidal tendencies. Except for the first album.

Successfull at installing new injectors, no more hemmoraging of gas, but failed to get rid of knock/rattle sound that seems to be getting worse.

I was tired when I replied the headlights were round, my brain still suffers from all the fun I had in the 90's. They were not pop-ups at all. They were slanted. In between the headlights was a chrome Nissan hood ornament. The body style was rounded, not boxy at all. Smooth curves, elegant looking. THe back had a big silver 240sx above the tail lights. The tail lights looked like kouki(sp?) style lights...
knocking eh? how many miles does that puppy got on it? had a knocking sound on mine and it dropped 3 cylinders and barely ran (but somehow she'd still catch 2nd)might have a wrist pin giving way which is gonna screw you as if you were in jail with a big black guy named bubba IMO i would look into finding a new engine if this is the same problem i had

Don

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
sunnydet90 said:
knocking eh? how many miles does that puppy got on it? had a knocking sound on mine and it dropped 3 cylinders and barely ran (but somehow she'd still catch 2nd)might have a wrist pin giving way which is gonna screw you as if you were in jail with a big black guy named bubba IMO i would look into finding a new engine if this is the same problem i had

Don
Gonna have to send the car to auto lab or someone who will give me a diagnostic. The car needs belts, so some places apply the $60-70 deiagnostic charge toward any further work they do on the car.

I just hope the engine lasts till summer vacation, so I can have time to mess with it. If it blows up before then I will have to get a cheap as possible KA. If I have time to save, I can find a KA24de (maybe add a t), a CA, or an RB. Looks like SR's will be outa my price range.

I looked around on the net for the car I saw. I believe it was a '96, but it did not look 100% like the pictures. Perhaps seeing it in live action it looks different, or maybe they have add-ons. The car had qualities of the '98 also. I found a real nice 96 for sale on auto trader's site for $6,500...in a few years that may be my next purchase.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts