Nissan Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
each damn machine in a machine shop is sold for like 12 g's used (some go for 30g's used)... they actually need business and all these f^ckin guys that just drop in some junk yard engine and tear the f^ck out of it, instead of rebuilding.... save money, but in turn ruin future rebuildable engines. they also put out of business the guys you need later, with the $100,000 worth of engine blueprinting equipment, when you've got some engine that there's no way to repair because you need precise equipment to make it even turn over.

one time i was trying to build a tool to rebuild my 240's rear calipiers... it's the spring in it... the boots are easy to replace... it's re-installing the e-brake spring that's hell. took a piston compressor (the brake tool)... cut it certain ways to fit right... then i welded on a particular size socket that i had to spend 20 bucks having bored out at a machine shop. 20 bucks for boring out a friggen socket. why you ask? the socket is made out of hardened steel.. the bits the machine shop uses are expensive... went through 1 during the bore (cutting took like 30 minutes ON A SOCKET)

these same guys have all this equipment from back in the day.

350 chevy's can be rebuilt cheaper than gettin another one, different than a KA...

so, less business has been coming in, obviously, since it's no longer the 60's & 70's.... or then.. lower priced muscle cars in the 80's... but then the 90's hit, and a muscle car was a lot pricier.

so now that you just go out and junk an engine then buy a junk engine... it's too damn expensive to rebuild your engine.

making you have to buy the next line of cars instead of holding your favorite 2nd generation (early 90's) import cars on a pedestal for your grandkids to enjoy.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
and if you're another prick thinking of going out and ripping off a Machinist cuz i just opened your horizon a little... the machines are RARE, SERIALED, AND you can't just go and resell and stolen shop honer, or bore machine, or block planer...etc.

you won't find a buyer. you'll just go to prison.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts