Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Banned
3,785 Posts
Elise mega rip-off. :rolleyes: I always knew GM had no design talent, they have to rip off everyone else....

·
Registered
463 Posts
looks ok, BUT, its a saturn. so that ruins it for me. id have to see some exrtraordinary track test to be convinced to buy one.

·
Registered
62 Posts
also to be named the Pontiac Solstice.

Saturn is also copying the Cobalt car and making it thier own.

·
Registered
347 Posts
HEY,
That is Not Nice to say the Saturn is a CopyCat Elise ripOFF!
That would be suggesting that Saturn/Toyota partner are making a cheaper
Lotus Elise.. :rolleyes:
-
OH! UH Wait! The Elise Does use the Toy 1.8 4cyl! So I guess the Saturn
is the same way, without Carbon Fibre.. :thumbup:

·
Banned
3,785 Posts
Tha Sheep said:
I guess I dont see the resemblence in the Opel and the Sky/Solstice
Then you must be blind. The Opel is a touch more square, but the lines are very similar. Same way the C4 corvette is similar to the C5. The C4 is more square, but you can see it belongs to the same family.

·
Registered
455 Posts
General Motors is, General Motors does. GM will need a solid decade of building superior cars to regain market share. As for this car, I'll take the Miata over it any day of the week.

·
Whoa...
2,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
see, i see the general as trying to turn saturn upscale... this car is going to be huge if it sells for cheap enough... id rock it over a ford miata anyday...

·
Registered
162 Posts
i think its pretty different from an elise, both the saturn and pontiac versions look hot, i would definitely buy this car as it is supposed to start out under 20 grand!

·
Registered
100 Posts
The saturn sky is supposed to be cheaper than the Solstice. The base model of the Solstice is the same price as the skys best model. I think the car is nice, or maybe thats because I work at saturn :thumbup:

·
Registered
455 Posts
BlankgazeX said:
see, i see the general as trying to turn saturn upscale... this car is going to be huge if it sells for cheap enough... id rock it over a ford miata anyday...
Maybe wait until you get to test drive it first. Sure GM has made vast improvements in the quality of their cars lately, but I'll bet that it still drives like a GM. Tried, tested and true!

·
Destroyer of worlds.
874 Posts
i think nissan needs to bring back the 240sx to compete with this. :thumbup:

i'd rather have a miata though, all other things equal...smaller is better!

even though mazda is owned by ford, mazda still desighns cars on its own. the only difference is that the companies readily share R&D. mazdas dont really share that much with fords, its pretty clear if you look at them side by side.

·
Whoa...
2,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Tavel said:
mazdas dont really share that much with fords, its pretty clear if you look at them side by side.
except engines transmissions and platforms... :thumbup: a mazda 3 5 door and a focus zx5 look nothing alike... and a mazda 6 and ford mondeo.... couldnt be farther apart... heck if i saw a b3000 and a ranger near each other i wouldnt even think both were trucks... the ford escape looks mare like a ferarri then a mazda tribute...

should i keep going...?

·
Destroyer of worlds.
874 Posts
BlankgazeX said:
except engines transmissions and platforms... :thumbup: a mazda 3 5 door and a focus zx5 look nothing alike... and a mazda 6 and ford mondeo.... couldnt be farther apart... heck if i saw a b3000 and a ranger near each other i wouldnt even think both were trucks... the ford escape looks mare like a ferarri then a mazda tribute...

should i keep going...?
i was thinking more of the two mazda specialties, the miata and RX8. i know the others share engines and sometimes chassis'seses (how the hell do you pluralized "chassis"?). sorry for not being clear :cheers:

·
Whoa...
2,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Tavel said:
i was thinking more of the two mazda specialties, the miata and RX8. i know the others share engines and sometimes chassis'seses (how the hell do you pluralized "chassis"?). sorry for not being clear :cheers:
i was wondering what you were smoking... you're right, those 2 are specialized, bet they are so low volume... abd i believe the plural form of chassis is chassis... like moose yknow!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts