Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
even better the 2nd time
2,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone know of a place that could strip some paint off some wheels?

called one place in Irving and they said it would be like $20/wheel...seems kinda high and its in freakin Irving.

anyone know of a place that has better prices/is closer to Dallas or Garland area?

i dont really care how they do it, i just want them stripped down to bare metal

·
In Ur Threadz - Deleting!
1,906 Posts
Call Jarrod...I think he knows of a place in Garland.
Check your pms, sending his # to you.

·
Banned
4,308 Posts
not that i live there but i would say renting a sand blaster/beader would be the cheapest. :cheers: most body shops have them, you guys have any DNE hook ups? if so see if a guy will let you use it during off hours of his shop. i have a self service garage 5 min away with one and i think its $15 an hour. thats a nice deal imo as apposed to sanding and cramping up your hands.

·
even better the 2nd time
2,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
im just gonna save up some cash and have Ace powdercoat them

thats what i wanted in the first place...i was gonna just strip them, but its not worth it when i can have them PC'd for just a few more bucks

·
Banned
4,308 Posts
Radioaktiv said:
im just gonna save up some cash and have Ace powdercoat them

thats what i wanted in the first place...i was gonna just strip them, but its not worth it when i can have them PC'd for just a few more bucks
dont they need to be striped first? because you dont primer before powder so it would show all the imperfections

·
even better the 2nd time
2,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yup
just stripping them would be $25 a wheel

but stripping and PC'ing them will be $45 a wheel

i know its almost twice as much...but i was probably going to paint them anyways which would have cost me around $20 in materials (if not more)

so really, in the long run PC'ing is just better for this situation

·
Banned
4,308 Posts
oh ok. so when they p/c them, striping is part of the deal? thats the way to go then. these are the new wheels you bought awhile ago right? ever get 4 tires for them?

·
even better the 2nd time
2,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah, those are the ones
gonna get em done in bronze/gold

i got tires...but they arent on em of course
they are used tho :thumbdwn:

·
Banned
4,308 Posts
i wish you luck. now ill leave yall lone heya. <the novilty of being in the texas forum got to me sorry :thumbup: )

·
1,906 Posts
I think he got the info from Jarrod?

·
even better the 2nd time
2,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yeah
Ace Powdercoat in Garland is gonna do mine

prolly gonna go up there today and see if they have some decent colors to choose from

·
1,906 Posts
Yahoo owns you Chris...

Ace Powder Coating...972-487-0567
In between Forest and Miller on Jupiter Rd...wow, I could walk there during my lunch. It's across the street from the Raytheon buildings.

·
Gummybears FTMFW!
1,020 Posts
MrEous said:
Yahoo owns you Chris...

Ace Powder Coating...972-487-0567
In between Forest and Miller on Jupiter Rd...wow, I could walk there during my lunch. It's across the street from the Raytheon buildings.
I know exactly where that is... If I come out there during the week, I'll have to come visit you and have lunch... like the old days

·
1,906 Posts
That sounds cool but I only have 30min lunches till 1/17. Anytime after that and it's a date.
lol

·
Registered
14 Posts
Are your lunches paid lunches? i get an hour lunch break here but its not paid for :( i used to get 30 min lunches at my other job and got paid during lunch it was awesome.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts