Nissan Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, new to this forum. Basically, this is where I stand. I've been living in Japan for about a year now, and I'm now ready to do something other than teaching grammar/IDM/slang. I have a few car lot (foreign owned) friends that are willing to cut me deals out of respect. So with this being said. I would like to import a few Skyline's back into Canada. I've been doing a lot of reseach on my own and the info on the cars are turning up just as I had anticipated. Now for some advice from the men behind the cars.
Q 1.
What are the diserable models, in terms of market sales?
Q 2.
Has anyone been in my situation whereas they don't want to use any auction services or group sales.
Q 3.
What does the shipping side of things cost. I'm aware of the customs taxes at this point, but not sure about shipping.
Q 4.
When it's time to sell in Canada, what's the average sale price?

Any comments pertaining to this matter would be greatly appreciated. Constructive criticism is presumed at this point.

Cheers

·
Banned
3,785 Posts
Desirable models would of course be the GTR or the GTS-T. I wouldn't really consider anything else. Shipping fees would be between $2500 and $4000 for a whole car, depending of course on who does your shipping. Sale prices vary according to the area you are trying to sell the vehicle in, and whether there is a high demand.
Go for it. This will unfortunately not do me any good, I live in the land of the free......... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Desirable models would of course be the GTR or the GTS-T. I wouldn't really consider anything else. Shipping fees would be between $2500 and $4000 for a whole car, depending of course on who does your shipping. Sale prices vary according to the area you are trying to sell the vehicle in, and whether there is a high demand.
Go for it. This will unfortunately not do me any good, I live in the land of the free......... :rolleyes:
I'm from the Toronto area, so the import scene seems to be at it's peak and climbing daily. Thanks for the quick responce.

·
Registered
145 Posts
as ^-- said GTR's and GTST's, and maybe a couple GTST Type -M's. i wouldnt mind having either. 2500-4000 is on the high end of shipping. that price is probably for a private container. you can get shipping as low as 900 for roll on roll off, and 1500 and up for containers (with more than 1 car).

·
Powered By hopes & dreams
8,328 Posts
get the GT-R. you can't go wrong with it, and in Japan it's incredibly cheap to buy one....from what I understand they're a dime a dozen there. You could probably pick one up modded nicely for a good price.

Find someone in the local tuning scene to shop with you so they can check the car out and make sure it's okay.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks to all for the great info. Keep it coming. When you referr to roll on/off, is there any chance that insurance is avail. That sounds mega cheap!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
chimmike said:
get the GT-R. you can't go wrong with it, and in Japan it's incredibly cheap to buy one....from what I understand they're a dime a dozen there. You could probably pick one up modded nicely for a good price.

Find someone in the local tuning scene to shop with you so they can check the car out and make sure it's okay.
That little sentra you got there looks real slick. Nice job with the mods. Have taken it down the 1/4 yet? :thumbup:

·
Viva el iPod
1,232 Posts
AS you may know, the rules to import any car to Canada goes something like it has to be at least 15 years old, so a street legal R34 is out of the question, IIRC, you should check around with fellow Canadians that have gone through the process, as they will know more than any Americans around here, eh? :)

·
Banned
1,899 Posts
Remeber to try to get one that is a 1989 or 1990. You won't have to pay legalization fees...

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
bII said:
AS you may know, the rules to import any car to Canada goes something like it has to be at least 15 years old, so a street legal R34 is out of the question, IIRC, you should check around with fellow Canadians that have gone through the process, as they will know more than any Americans around here, eh? :)
Eh! Yes, that comes from the retarded French side of the great north. Thanks for reminding me how much of a nuisance those people are.

To date, I have been in contact with one owner and he's been real helpful. I have also been in contact with a broker in BC as of earlier this morning. She enlightened me on a few details. Turns out, the taxes and shipping are not all that crazy as I had initially anticipated.

Here's a question, was A/C on Skylines a standard option or was it optional? May sound stupid, but were talking about Japanese built cars. The reason I ask this Q, is that the broker stated to me that any foreign vehicle at 15 years of age or older with A/C, will have an additional $100 dollars tacked on to the fees.

·
Registered
10 Posts
importing

my dad spent his retirment importing cars from england. what i know about it is this, to import cars to the us you have to meet requirments that are probly different than canadas but it might open up a bigger market. for the us you have to pay 2.2% import tax( it may have gone up) my dad used daniel hustings transport, i dont know if they service japan, the requirements for us was that if the vehicle was 1967 or older there was no prob.there was a loophole, you could bring in a vehicle that was no more than 2 years old and you did not have to meet emissions just dot.and you could not sell it for 2 years.any other vehicles could be brought in as long as they meet emissions and dot safety that is the hard part. it is why some cars werent brought over it is very costly.again i dont know canadas standards so i dont know if this helps or not also on the loophole car you were only allowed one in your lifetime

·