Nissan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there everyone! I was excited to find this forum and see all the great info here. This may be a silly question but here goes. . . . I am now driving an '01 Pathfinder and often have my ten-month old baby in the car with me in her rear-facing car seat. My Pathfinder comes with a retractable cargo cover but I've worried that when I'm carrying groceries or other bulky items (including strollers) in the trunk that this cargo cover won't keep things away from the baby in an accident. I did get a cargo net at the Nissan dealership but it's pretty small and would just hold down some little items on the floor of the trunk. Has anyone else looked into this and am I missing something? I'd like to be as safe as possible. Thanks so much!

·
Registered
73 Posts
You could get one of those pet cage/guard things that police use for their dogs. Then you could pile up as much junk in the back as you wanted.

You could just use something like a small tarp with a bungee cord at each corner if you could find good places near the floor to hook the bungees in to.

·
Registered
48 Posts
You are probably gonna have to get creative in this situation. But i know how you feel. I have had mostly trucks in the past but when i got my pathy i have the same concern when i have my son in the suv with me. If i think up anything i will let you know.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ShadowTek, I have been thinking the same thing about the pet barrier. Seems Nissan doesn't make one for the '01 anymore but I'm going to look around and see what might work. The cargo net I got does attach to hooks on the floor, but it isn't really practical with the stroller(s) I usually have loaded up in the back. Thanks to both you guys for your replies.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Hi there everyone! I was excited to find this forum and see all the great info here. This may be a silly question but here goes. . . . I am now driving an '01 Pathfinder and often have my ten-month old baby in the car with me in her rear-facing car seat. My Pathfinder comes with a retractable cargo cover but I've worried that when I'm carrying groceries or other bulky items (including strollers) in the trunk that this cargo cover won't keep things away from the baby in an accident. I did get a cargo net at the Nissan dealership but it's pretty small and would just hold down some little items on the floor of the trunk. Has anyone else looked into this and am I missing something? I'd like to be as safe as possible. Thanks so much!
First thing that comes to mind is fitting a 1/2" plywood and screwing it to the plastic panels at 4 points, maybe 6, using 90 degree brackets. Other than that, I can't think of anything else.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts