Nissan Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im just curious about the 3 diff versions avail.. im aware of the differences (T25-vs-T28 turbo, CVT or whatever the valve thing is called) and so on.. but what im wondering is... if you guys could pick one version that in your minds responds best to changes made (intake piping, intercooler size so on) which version would it be and why?? im focussin on engines alone here.. never mind that the S15 has a 6speed (though i heard it isnt as strong?? this true anyone??) and the others only a 5speed tranny.. im curious about how each version respons to changes mostly externally(read;bolt-ons, fuel system and upping boost untill i need to change internals to handle the power) in this case as im sure the S13 would fall behind when swapping cams as the other versions would probably make a few more HP with same cams BC of VTC... but thats a guess! hehehe

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Marty01 said:
im just curious about the 3 diff versions avail.. im aware of the differences (T25-vs-T28 turbo, CVT or whatever the valve thing is called) and so on.. but what im wondering is... if you guys could pick one version that in your minds responds best to changes made (intake piping, intercooler size so on) which version would it be and why?? im focussin on engines alone here.. never mind that the S15 has a 6speed (though i heard it isnt as strong?? this true anyone??) and the others only a 5speed tranny.. im curious about how each version respons to changes mostly externally(read;bolt-ons, fuel system and upping boost untill i need to change internals to handle the power) in this case as im sure the S13 would fall behind when swapping cams as the other versions would probably make a few more HP with same cams BC of VTC... but thats a guess! hehehe
i guess what im asking is...

... what would you pick a 1400 dollar S13 with 2000 worth in bolt ons... or a 3100 dollar S15 with 1200 in bolt ons?? equal power.. but cost wise.. different numbers there... im also curious about the "quality" of that power.. im assuming the S14 and S15 would have better quality to their power BC of VTC??

·
Banned
1,899 Posts
From what I heard, vvtc is more of a problem than it is worth and the difference in power is not worth the increased cost of the engine. Go with the redtop and save some money to fix what goes wrong and make more power.

·
Registered
20 Posts
i agree, i have a red top and i love it. But i wouldent turn my back on the s14 or 15. i would actually like to see or feel the difference between the three. Im actually planning on dropping in an s14 blacktop and rebuilding my current redtop for more boost. either way theyre all great engines in my opinion.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts