Nissan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I drive a 1992 Nissan 240SX Coupe and I don't know anything about cars. Ive always been really interested in them but I don't know any mechanics and am in the dark. :rolleyes: Now that you know that maybe this question won't seem so dumb. What is the difference between an S13 and a S14 and which one do I have? Also, it has the KA24DE in it and I blew the head gasket so I might just swap it out with a SR20DET. Are any parts for the KA24DE interchangable with the SR? I can get the SR engine, tranny, required cables, ECU, distributor, Intake manifold, alternator, A/C, Power Steering pump, all brackets and sensors, and shiftlinkage(what is that?) for $1500 is that a good deal? Will I need anything else? Do I even need all those things?

·
Registered
405 Posts
search for the what parts will mathc up ka and sr. 1500 sounds good almost too good.

·
KA24DET
1,000 Posts
Your car is S13. You clicked on S13 240SX: 1989-1994 to get in here to start your thread.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
bridrive55 said:
Your car is S13. You clicked on S13 240SX: 1989-1994 to get in here to start your thread.
I had a feeling it was S13 which is why I posted here. Just wasn't quite sure.
This is the SR20DET engine I'm looking at. Let me know what you think.

http://www.rimsandthings.com/home.htm When you get to the site click JDM engines then Nissan then SR20DET(S13).

·
Registered
104 Posts
hmm this dosent make much sense...1500 is a great deal but does the motor run is it in canda or the us (wherever you live) seems to good of a deal plus why is there AC jsut throw that in the garbage when it gets here :thumbup:

·
Registered
125 Posts
240newbie said:
Hey guys, I drive a 1992 Nissan 240SX Coupe and I don't know anything about cars. Ive always been really interested in them but I don't know any mechanics and am in the dark. :rolleyes: Now that you know that maybe this question won't seem so dumb. What is the difference between an S13 and a S14 and which one do I have? Also, it has the KA24DE in it and I blew the head gasket so I might just swap it out with a SR20DET. Are any parts for the KA24DE interchangable with the SR? I can get the SR engine, tranny, required cables, ECU, distributor, Intake manifold, alternator, A/C, Power Steering pump, all brackets and sensors, and shiftlinkage(what is that?) for $1500 is that a good deal? Will I need anything else? Do I even need all those things?
I blown head gasket is much cheaper to replace than swapping in the sr. But if you've got the time and money, I'd go with the sr. That is a good deal, most places sell everything for around 2000-2500.

You can use your powersteering lines/resevior from the ka. Just hook everything up to the sr20 powersteering pump. I need an sr20 pump. Can I have yours if you buy the motor? Just get manual steering. :rolleyes: I took out my JDM powersteering pump, bracket, and all the DOHC ka lines/resevior because the pump leaked and it failed inspection. They failed it again because I can't have manual steering with a powersteering rack and pinion. So I'm screwed until I can get my hands on the dohc powersteering lines/resevior, and the JDM bracket/pump and pulley.

Aside from all the engine parts, it's good to replace a lot of the gaskets. The stock ones are paper and can be damaged even under good conditions. A new clutch maybe. Fuel pump. Limited slip differential. Intake. 3 inch downpipe/catback. Front mount intercooler.

A fuel pump is all you REALLY need.

·
KA24DET
1,000 Posts
JDM240Turbo said:
A fuel pump is all you REALLY need.
You need an intercooler too, and maybe wiring service. Most motorsets don't come with the OE SMIC's.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts