Nissan Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive been looking at phasetwo motortrend and they only have turbo kits for s14 ka24de engines. They even have a wiring service for people swapping s13 ka24de engines for s14 ka24de engines! i didnt think that there was a difference between these engines. can anyone explain what is going on?

·
Registered
146 Posts
from what i learned helping a friend put an 96 ka into his 89 s13......
there is a ton of small things.
i think the s14 runs an internal coil on the distrubitor(sp)
you may need to use the s13 dohc dist/coil. depending on what motorset you had.
my friend used:
96 obdII engine/tranny
93 ecu/harness/dist/coil.
we had madd wiring issues at first. so we made it simple to just run s13 wires and ecu. there is a bunch of left over plugs in the motor, but the s13 ecu dont use em. there is emmissions stuff on the s13 harness that wont be used.
he used the sohc lower engine harness
intergrated that to dohc upper harness

madd stuff. but it works and runs great.

·
Registered
75 Posts
rudeboy said:
my friend used:
96 obdII engine/tranny
we had madd wiring issues at first. so we made it simple to just run s13 wires and ecu. there is a bunch of left over plugs in the motor, but the s13 ecu dont use em. there is emmissions stuff on the s13 harness that wont be used.

madd stuff. but it works and runs great.
the 89-90 are sohc which is the purpose of the DE swap

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
rudeboy said:
my friend used:
96 obdII engine/tranny

Great info, but your friend swapped the soch engine for the doch engine(his car being an 89) phasetwo motortrend showed that both of their turbo kits only fit the 95-98 240s. If im not mistaken the 95 240s came with obdI and the 96s and up came with obdII. If their kits work with the 95 obdI, why would they not work with the s13 dohc ka24de since it is also obdI? so their turbo kits would not work with the stock s13 240sx with the dohc ka24de? This was the only thing that confused me because ive heard of people swapping 89-90 sohc ka24e engines for ka24de engines not dohc ka24de for a 95-98 dohc ka24de. So if I have a s13 dohc ka24de 240sx, I would need to swap a s14 ka24de into it?

·
Nissan Junkie
917 Posts
I would think that it is a clerical error and they made the kit for the OBDII system and saw that some 240's with a 95' build date (really 96 models) had obdII so they say it works on 95+ 240's also I have heard that there is a clearance problem with S13 KA24det's that is not present with S14's So maybe the kit will work with modifications. I would contact the company and see what the difference is the OBDII or clearance.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.