Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
If any of you know me - you would know i like to do things on the odd side- but this is not too bad so i was just getting some info on it.

1. i know i do not need to do this just hought it would be a cool idea to do
2. the idea is do either a 2r20det with RWD setup rather than a front
b. or do a VG30dett setup with rwd
(which i don't think will fit so shoot me down if it doesn't)'
3. then depending on which motor- try to get the damn thing into a 12.89 1/4mi range for street use.

So i need to know how much of a hell am i getting myself into when considering this? What do YOU think my project cost will end up being- that is includeing buying the car. Also do you have a list of part/vendor ideas that i could go through or websites.

BTW i know at least Nismo Power will flame me for this one.... :cheers:

·
Registered
158 Posts
Thats a neat idea and all but ridiculous...Why bother spending probally more than 10 grand just to make it rear wheel drive when you can go buy a s13 or s14-240sx and swap in a sr motor for pretty cheap..I dunno it just sounds like a shit load of work just to make the car somthing its not.

·
Soggy GloryHoler
792 Posts
Vega said:
If any of you know me - you would know i like to do things on the odd side- but this is not too bad so i was just getting some info on it.

1. i know i do not need to do this just hought it would be a cool idea to do
2. the idea is do either a 2r20det with RWD setup rather than a front
b. or do a VG30dett setup with rwd
(which i don't think will fit so shoot me down if it doesn't)'
3. then depending on which motor- try to get the damn thing into a 12.89 1/4mi range for street use.

So i need to know how much of a hell am i getting myself into when considering this? What do YOU think my project cost will end up being- that is includeing buying the car. Also do you have a list of part/vendor ideas that i could go through or websites.

BTW i know at least Nismo Power will flame me for this one.... :cheers:
The VG30 will not fit in the B14 and as for the DET being rear wheel drive, there are all wheel drive DETs that you can get, its just that doing the conversion is a PITA and would cost more than the car itself, at least 6 grand. IMO i wouldnt even consider doing this. If you want do do either of those things you should get a 240 which is already rear wheel drive and go from there. I just think it would be way to much work for someone to go through when the only applicable upside for that cost would be doing something "different" But its your car so you can try it if ya want because the parts are there. I believe you can look into the Exalta i think its all wheel drive or use a GTI-R drivetrain and frankenstein that in. :thumbup:

·
Registered
31 Posts
It's gonna cost a loot ;) Theres an AWD Pulsar going around Canada...That can done..But if you want RWD like someone said previously..just buy a S13 or S14...And Turbo the KA motor..it's cheaper and it's pretty damn close to the Sr specs..;)

-Tobin

·
Banned
4,308 Posts
well since the b14 is allready a solid rear axle you wont need to do extencive fabing back there as opposed to indipendant...............still useless though and im sorry.......i know we rag on you alot, but im sure this is just another wild hair ya got up your ass lol, almost no one ever goes through with crazxy plans like this and if they do they dont ask anyone if they should, they just do it. :rolleyes: idk i like my car but its nothing special and not worth any where near puttin even 6k into for me at least :cheers:

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well then lets look at the awd conversion then guys... any suggestions?

Donar cars available?

Really canada? Have they sold that there or was that a custom job? I live in MN so it is just a hop skip and a jump to go there for parts. OMG WEEEEEEEEE! And i'm there. :fluffy:

what is involved? has this even been done? if it hasn't that makes it even sweeter for that "hair up my ass". :thumbup:

And i don't mind the crap too much :rolleyes: hell i am going to get either way anyway. I like my crazy ideas and expect the shit out of it. I just like to learn new thing that not too many people know. then i can be called a know it al by my girlfriend more often ;) ...

I just want to do something crazy.

Hey btw homuch do these 200sx se-r (95-99) run in price anyhow?

Thanks guys.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Read something once about a guy who had a RWD B13 but i could see this as possible ... i think he used a s13 chasis and somehow worked around getting a b13 shell over it .... i'm sure it was a $hitload a work and this car was set for race purposes only ... 1000lbs spring rates etc.

·
Banned
4,308 Posts
if i were to do this, this is what i would do.....dont buy an se-r because once you find out what car it is we get the AWD stuff from you will want that engine :thumbup:

buy a 200sx SE with the 1.6L engine
buy a donar pulsar GTiR, this car has the AWD system AND an SR20DET< things are pretty good now right?
then swap in the det and the AWD setup and you have a rally B14.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
where do you recomend geting the the GTiR stuff? Website please...

remmeber guys i am one around here that is used to ALOT of custom fabrication so absolutly NO problem there- may stick welding die and burn in hell- MIG for ever. Also have people done the AWD 200 before?

This is going to be so fun...- when i start i'll make a thread with pics and info of everything.

·
Banned
4,308 Posts
yea its still a 200sx (all usdm 200sx's are 2 door) but i would rather a 4 door, i am not a big fan of 2 doors and the 4 door would be super sleeper. idk about sites

·
Registered
31 Posts
I don't know about the GTI-R I thought it was an Only European car...so I can get you the AWD Turbo engine if you're really interested in it...

-Tobin

·
Banned
4,308 Posts
whats wrong with square? its even stronger than round!ever see a square light post bend? nay! ........wow that car is amazing.

·