Nissan Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking through the Jan 2003 issue of Turbo magazine the other day and I actually read through the race results which I usually don't because there's not really much to read about. But anyways, to my surprise, on page 81, there's a picture of a 1990 Sentra smoking the rear tires! The car is owned and raced by Carlos Torres, but they didn't say anything else about it. He was racing in Pro class against an all wheel drive eclipse, and lost. Check it out if you get the chance to see a copy of Turbo in the magazine aisle.

·
CA18DET Wizard
1,366 Posts
I have that car on video running! He has an SR20DET and he ran a moddest 9.39. Did he he run against the white with green trimmings talon? If so, no wonder he got smoked.........

·
Moderator/ NPM staff
522 Posts
and there it was sitting on my desk for at least 2 weeks now... and I didnt even notice.

holly shit, I remember someone telling me about this before but disregarded it as sort of a big foot sighting.

so here i stand with my foot in my mouth.

Anyone notice those headlights he has? sweet!

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I agree those headlights look tight. I think that they're the E36 BMW lights. Does anyone know what is done to that sentra?

·
Moderator/ NPM staff
522 Posts
They seem to fit almost exactly dimension wise. Seems he has figured out a way to use them while retaining the stock corner lenses and grill.

i think someone mentioned earlier that the sentra was RWD with a SR20DET motor. This thing underneath probably doesnt even vaguley ressemble a B12 anymore. The rear end has been tubbed to fit those huge slicks and I'm sure he has quite a trick suspension along with it. I must investigate further! :)

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah i was there

yeah i was at that event .that was the pana american competion.pr vs usa .it was cool to watch the b12 rip those car's apart.but the show stopper was sakura the mirage that was doing 6.93 to 7.36 on the 1/4 mile.fastesrt 4 cylinder in the world.

·
Moderator/ NPM staff
522 Posts
Dropped89 said:
wiat how do you get a january 2003 issue already? i want to go buy one am I reading right?
I have a friend who works at Primedia publishing so I get all their magazines early and for free, but I think that issue of turbo has hit the shelves already.... Hasnt it?

or is Eric sleeping with a female marketing rep too? ;)

just kidding

·
:::User Illusion:::
112 Posts
Re: yeah i was there

It's running a S13 det with a huge turbo, Haltech and he says "stock bottom end". Don't know how true that is but it's a pretty clean machince. Very smooth pulls down the track.

MIRAGE560 said:
the show stopper was sakura the mirage that was doing 6.93 to 7.36 on the 1/4 mile.fastesrt 4 cylinder in the world.
When did Sakura run 6.93?

·
CA18DET Wizard
1,366 Posts
I have a little detail on this car with video and the owner says "it's a junkyard engine"? I think the turbo is a t78 and a funky rear wheel drive configuration with a bad @ss tranny. He claims he runs about 35psi and the engine is stock (never opened it up)! I find that extremely hard to believe (as did most guys who were there), but the car ran sweet and was a show stopper.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I saw the January 2003 issue of turbo when I was at the store yesterday. However I think that they charge far too much for turbo magazine for what you get. Like Charles said earlier though, sleeping with one of the female marketing reps insures that you get the issue earlier. hehe. No actually I'm lying, I just have a subscription.

·
Registered
292 Posts
ok i bought the issure today for some reason i found one sitting in the wrong spot on a shelf at a book store and i looked for the stack and no stack just one magical issue wrapped in plastic.. anways i got it and immediatly (sp) looked for the b12 i was dissapointed to not ready and times on it or anything more than wow he did a good job.. i meen fuck they always write about the other BS cars that everyone drives.. i meen wow and ecplise wow a honda, wow a rx7 al boring cars. atleast the b12 was a good pic and they had a 1990 sentra in there haha :) those headlights are custom there not e36 lights and as the corners go i have no idea but i would love to talk to him see how he did his front end.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts