Nissan Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While I had the wheels off of my car I checked the front brake pads because they started making a squealing sound this week. The pads are fine but the brake shims are pretty rusty. The clips that hold them on are ready to just break off. Could this be whats making the sound? And should this be a priority to get new ones? The dealership wants almost $40 dollars for a set and I can't find them anywhere else.......

·
Boxed Fox
1,313 Posts
mkharley21 said:
While I had the wheels off of my car I checked the front brake pads because they started making a squealing sound this week. The pads are fine but the brake shims are pretty rusty. The clips that hold them on are ready to just break off. Could this be whats making the sound? And should this be a priority to get new ones? The dealership wants almost $40 dollars for a set and I can't find them anywhere else.......
$40 for brake pad shims? That's insanity.

The company that makes those HELP! products they sell everywhere makes stick-on brake pad shims. You'll need new ones when you get new brake pads, but at around $3 for a set, I don't think that'll be a serious problem for you.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts