Nissan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey every1. I have come across a new problem on my 01 sentra. Well as you all know the rear spoilers for nissan have 3 joints with the car. The middle joint on my car started rusting a while back, then i went abroad for a few months and behind me my sister drove the car, now that i am back i noticed that the rust has grown exponentially and there is a hole near that middle joint. please tell me there is something i can do about that other than replace the whole back.
Thankyou.

·
Registered
74 Posts
salmany said:
Hey every1. I have come across a new problem on my 01 sentra. Well as you all know the rear spoilers for nissan have 3 joints with the car. The middle joint on my car started rusting a while back, then i went abroad for a few months and behind me my sister drove the car, now that i am back i noticed that the rust has grown exponentially and there is a hole near that middle joint. please tell me there is something i can do about that other than replace the whole back.
Thankyou.
No doubt this is going to be moved to cosmetics or bodywork or something but just to reply...

take it to a bodyshop mate...

they'll take your spoiler off, grind back the effected area to baremetal...rust treat it and respray. Might need slight filling if the rust is serious...maybe even a repair patch welded if it's gone all the way through...

this is a common problem because theres no sealant put under spoiler legs when attatched to the cars and so water gets under there and sits there and does the damage...when you get it repaired ask the bodyshop (or do this yourself either way) and get some clear silicone sealant under the leg to prevent this from happening again mate... :)

·
Registered
74 Posts
BlankgazeX said:
only for rust through from the INSIDE OUT... they dont cover surface rust at all...
yep manufacturers warranty will only cover what would be a defect from production...if you could claim on stone chips causing rust etc...none of us would ever of had any rust ever...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts