Nissan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a '04 Spec V. Drove it out of the lot Feb. '04. I was washing it this mornign when I noticed a small rust spot.

Here is a pic I took w/ my cell phone cam (I tried taking one w/ a digital cam. but ironically, I could not get a good pic of it). I know it's small, but I dont think the car should already be suffering from this type of thing. What do you guys think? Is this something covered by the warranty? If so, I'm assuming the dealer will do their best to avoid fixing it. How could I best approach this?...........OR should I just take the hit and forget about it?

·
Not Anymore.
5,014 Posts
This should be in car care mate so more people who know the area will see it. :)

I cant see it very clearly. My first assumption would have been that you have industrial fallout...but you obviously only have one spot and it is rather large!

How is the rest of your paint? How does it look? When you wash it and run a towel over it, is it smooth as glass? Do you live near any factories or industry? Is the color of your car silver as it looks or is it white?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the rest is fine....well in the front bumper i can see tiny dots chipped out paint but i'm guessing those are cause by pebbles being picked up from the road by whichever vehicle is in front of me...which i understand. no i don't live near any factories or such. my car is not parked under a tree either. Yikes silver? No, it's white.....again it's a pic taken from my cell phone pic....i think it's only 2megapixels.

·
I miss good ol' OT
1,716 Posts
Nissan is notoriously cheap lately on their paint. Many 02-03 cars had severe spider webbing. Haven't heard too much on rust. Might be a drop of something you encountered on the road. I'd take it to the dealer if it is still under warranty and see what they say.

·
Registered
455 Posts
majik said:
I've got a '04 Spec V. Drove it out of the lot Feb. '04. I was washing it this mornign when I noticed a small rust spot.

Here is a pic I took w/ my cell phone cam (I tried taking one w/ a digital cam.
Looks more like one of them reverse colored lady bugs to me!

·
Slashie
394 Posts
On the 97 Sentras, there was a five year unlimited mileage body warenty against rust and stuff. I would imagine they would have something better for an 02. I found warenty info in my owner's manual. I would check it out and see what you've got.

·
Whoa...
2,073 Posts
stevja1 said:
On the 97 Sentras, there was a five year unlimited mileage body warenty against rust and stuff. I would imagine they would have something better for an 02. I found warenty info in my owner's manual. I would check it out and see what you've got.
that warrenty is only good for complete rust through form the inside out... not Surface rust...

·
Registered
64 Posts
yo blank , i know this is off topic , but who is that girl in your avi pic. I wanna see the rest..... its strange , i am drawn to her.....sorry bout off topic..... :give beer: :idhitit: :topic:

·
Registered
455 Posts
Misanthrope1144 said:
yo blank , i know this is off topic , but who is that girl in your avi pic. I wanna see the rest..... its strange , i am drawn to her.....sorry bout off topic..... :give beer: :idhitit: :topic:
Yes. Indeed. She is quite inviting.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts