Nissan Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know if this is true or not, but I heard a rumor on some other forum, while searching on some nissan parts about bumping the redline on the QR25 to 7200RPM, I've been trying to find some more information on it ANYWHERE, but I've been coming up dry. I'm still trying to find the first page that I found this rumor, but I'm not getting anything solid.

Does anyone know if this is achievable? How is it accomplished and how would the extra rpms react with the short gear tranny or is the tranny capable of just working with the extra rev and giving extra speed?

Sorry if this is a false alarm, not trying to get any flames started, I'm just curious if it's possible to move the redline and how much is possible.

·
absolutely classic
455 Posts
Eganrac said:
I don't know if this is true or not, but I heard a rumor on some other forum, while searching on some nissan parts about bumping the redline on the QR25 to 7200RPM, I've been trying to find some more information on it ANYWHERE, but I've been coming up dry. I'm still trying to find the first page that I found this rumor, but I'm not getting anything solid.

Does anyone know if this is achievable? How is it accomplished and how would the extra rpms react with the short gear tranny or is the tranny capable of just working with the extra rev and giving extra speed?

Sorry if this is a false alarm, not trying to get any flames started, I'm just curious if it's possible to move the redline and how much is possible.
To do that you need to reprogram the ECU. I don't think anyone has cracked the ECU yet, however.

·
Not Anymore.
5,014 Posts
It isn't possible on the QR without cams, springs, rods, and a few other parts. The engine would literally fall apart with all of the stock internals.

·
What is Seven Ten for?
2,917 Posts
silverbullet said:
OK, So when you do have the internals, how do you change the rev limiter!!!!
wait for someone to crack the code on the ECU. I'd say that JWT is already working on it.

·
Not Anymore.
5,014 Posts
A few companies have just started making high compression pistons and rods for our cars. Supposedly JE makes pistons and Eagle makes rods...this is new. You would also need aggressive cams in order to get good top end power.

Theoretically, you could also destroke the QR, run JDM high quality internals and push the motor to upwards of 10K RPM...that's what people say, but now is that really worth it? ;)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'll let you answer that last question.... Is it worth some guy pulling up to you in a Mustang, scowling at you with his gas-guzzling V8 only to be smoked by a demon of a 4cyl, pulling up next to you at the next light, looking confused as ****, wondering what just happened?

Yes... Yes I do believe it is worth it.... if I was rich :p

But seriously, I'm curious about pulling some power out of this car. I've been pretty disappointed with the numbers that I've been seeing in terms of power. The highest I've seen is 275hp, for a civic, this might be impressive at 1.6liters on a daily driver. But on a 2.5liter, not a daily driver, I find this to be a lil odd. Although, I have to say, even at such lower numbers. I've been hearing some WICKED stories about the performance on these cars. Even one I read about a B15 with less HP than this, beating out an NSX that was highly modded. That story was in an SCC mag, that I left at my friend's house. I don't remember what month it was. But that was the thing that made me look at the sentra in a whole new light. Performance is great... But bragging about numbers is fun ;) And if the car breaks 300hp, without issues, I'd be ecstatic.

/rambling OFF

·
Not Anymore.
5,014 Posts
Eganrac said:
I'll let you answer that last question.... Is it worth some guy pulling up to you in a Mustang, scowling at you with his gas-guzzling V8 only to be smoked by a demon of a 4cyl, pulling up next to you at the next light, looking confused as ****, wondering what just happened?

But seriously, I'm curious about pulling some power out of this car. I've been pretty disappointed with the numbers that I've been seeing in terms of power. The highest I've seen is 275hp, for a civic, this might be impressive at 1.6liters on a daily driver. But on a 2.5liter, not a daily driver, I find this to be a lil odd. Although, I have to say, even at such lower numbers. I've been hearing some WICKED stories about the performance on these cars. Even one I read about a B15 with less HP than this, beating out an NSX that was highly modded. That story was in an SCC mag, that I left at my friend's house. I don't remember what month it was. But that was the thing that made me look at the sentra in a whole new light. Performance is great... But bragging about numbers is fun ;) And if the car breaks 300hp, without issues, I'd be ecstatic.

/rambling OFF

275 WHP on our car will run it in the high 12s...that will decimate a Mustang GT and give a Cobra hell. With lighter wheels and slicks, a few other mods and good weight reduction, that 275 WHP could land low 12s or high 11s...no one has gone this far, yet. Honestly, I have put a few grand into my car and it will give quite a few sports sedans a run for their money. With the tranny build, nitrous and lighter wheels, I hope to see 13s. Personally I'll be happy with that but if you love your car and want to push crazy custom power, by all means do it. It is a matter of your income vs. your threshold for how much you want to spend.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Eganrac said:

/rambling OFF

If the article you mention is the one I'm thinking of (it was at Buttonwillow for the track attack or time attack) the car that passed the NSX was an older (B13) SE-R cup car SRX class and it had a turbo 2.0L
Found a link:http://search.netscape.com/ns/boomf...remove_url=http://www.sportcompactcarweb.com/
the car:

·