Nissan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
in^3,N20,RPM,PSI
4,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ever since I got my 95 240, I've had a rumbling or a humming in long sweeping turns if I'm going too fast. I replaced the T/C rod bushing with some polyeurathane ones and it helped a bit but its still there. Is there something else in the suspension I should be looking at?

·
Sup Mod keeping the peace
7,460 Posts
James said:
Ever since I got my 95 240, I've had a rumbling or a humming in long sweeping turns if I'm going too fast. I replaced the T/C rod bushing with some polyeurathane ones and it helped a bit but its still there. Is there something else in the suspension I should be looking at?
Could be the wheel bearings. The easiest way to check for worn wheel bearings is to remove the brake pads. Now spin the rotor and listen for any noticeable rolling or grinding sound coming from the hub which indicates that the bearings are worn.

Also check all the other bushings in the suspension for major cracks or missing pieces. Check the steering rack mount bushings.

·
in^3,N20,RPM,PSI
4,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the guidance. I'm pretty sure its not the wheel bearing because in all other forms of driving there is no noise.

I'll see if I can peak under there and check the bushings.

What about differential fluid being old? Could that cause the noise? Its an open diff.

·
Sup Mod keeping the peace
7,460 Posts
James said:
What about differential fluid being old? Could that cause the noise? Its an open diff.
The age of the gear oil shouldn't cause that problem. Normally the gear oil should be changed at least every 30,000 mi under severe conditions. However check the oil level to make sure that you're not very low on oil.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts