Nissan Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok my 02 sentra has a brand new qr25 motor that we installed not even a year ago. after going home on leave from iraq, i admit i drove it a little too hard. not excesssive, but maybe too hard. anyway, one night, my car was revvig out at 2400 rpm. it kept doing it until i turned off the car and restrted it. so when i returned the car to my cousin for maintenence and such (i had to return to iraq) he said he took it to nissan cuz it was stallin on him and stuff. they told him that screws from something had became loose and sucked into the motor. now, nissan is declining to honor my warranty on the motor since i didnt have them install it. the engine alone was 2 gran and installation is ANOTHER 2 grand! it was an internal problem in the motor, and it had nothing to do with the installation. does anyone have any suggestions as to what i should do? i have a nice car, useless because of something that i had no control over. sumone please help me!!!

· Registered
15 Posts
from what i heard, the recall was only on Altima's.... not the Sentra... for some wierd reason... that's what i heard, anyway... that they had the butterfly problems with their 2.5 motors... i thought they were the same motor?... i guess not...

· Registered
3,345 Posts
if you bought it (engine) at a Nissan stealership and have the invoice, and its been under 12 months or 12,000 miles, it should be covered by warranty!
Most Nissan "replacement" parts carry a 12/12 warranty! regardless of who installs them! If you fall under the 12/12 and they will not cover it, ask for the Nissan rep's phone number. (they will not cover labor!! parts only!) Probably will have to get with the service mgr to make that happen. Might also try 800-nissan1
Good luck! let us know...

· Registered
15 Posts
well.. Nissan is doing all the work.. i will mention it to the mechanic.... i know them.. and they know the car... lol...

this whole fun time has taken over a year to finally get the new motor.. i have been telling them that this was the problem waaaay back then.... i guess they just wanted to be thorough and look at everything before having to change the motor...

· Registered
15 Posts
well.. got the new enigine... everything seemed fine... it started to run on 3 cylinders!!.. and now after a lot of testing - a lot... they told me that I got a bad coil... so I replaced it... and woohoo!.. my car is back! now i am off to go find more parts to tune it up!..

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.