Nissan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
LatinMax said:
Looks great! Now you need to shave your a$$.

not bad, i dislike shaving

be proud of the car you own.

i want everyone out there to know my car is a se-r not just another nissan.

though i could be sick and rebadge it as a se lol

·
In Ur Threadz - Deleting!
1,906 Posts
meanbean said:
The corner lights will either be blacked out or given the AE treatment.
Everything else is perfect John...great job!
:cool:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the props. I'm still torn on what scheme to paint the corners. While blacking them out completly would match the headlight the most, it will also make me loose the cool/bright amber reflection. On the other hand, painting only the border black (AE style) will retain the the reflection but may not look as good. Oh well, I'll decide eventually.

·
DNE Boy
93 Posts
can you do high and low beam? If I were to do that project, I would try to put two projectors in each housing. It just looks kinda empty inside that housing with one beady little eye. Great job though!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the props. The 4th gen maxima headlight enclosure is just too small to accomodate 2 projectors. A dual projector setup would require that you hack out the entire back side of the headlight and bracket and then remold the back. Because of this, you will also loose the stock aiming screws. The good point is you have alot of clearance behind the headlights so the rear of the projectors can extend well beyond the bracket if needed. IMHO, this is a waste of time and money since a bi-xenon projector, like the RS6, will do the same job just fine. If you are doing this just for looks and are up for the challenge, then by all means give it a try. I would like to see your results once your done.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Yes, the shield is bent and foreground shields removed.

Well, I've had a few days to drive around with these projectors and have to say that I totally love them. Not only do I have superior lighting to any halogen setup, it looks oh so cool during the day and night. The pics I took just can't capture the color given off by the lights. This is now my favorite mod to date.

·
DNE's VZR Conversion
6,079 Posts
wonderful job ! cant wait for mine to be done ! would love to see it in person ! and you cant pic a greater projector the A6 R26 Bixenon is what i have and is a wonderful projector for bixenon !

·
DNE's VZR Conversion
6,079 Posts
ill be there thursday ! i really want to see it !

·
DNE's VZR Conversion
6,079 Posts
meanbean said:
Ok, the meet usually starts at 10pm right? If so, then I should be there around that time. Can't stay long though since I have to be at work early AM.
i think people start showing up at 9 pm or so.. or ill be there by 9 30 with my retroed sentra.

i too work early AM as well and will not be there for the entire night.

·
DNE's VZR Conversion
6,079 Posts
i dont have the exact address i just know that it off the 75 N service road headed torwards the costco... ill try to dig it up but i do know where it is just not the exact address.

edit :

i found it.

Plano Ultimate Electronics
3404 North Central Expressway
Plano, TX 75074-2319

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Alright, I think I found the right one.

Plano Ultimate Electronics
3404 No. Central Expressway
Plano, TX 75074-2319

This one is off 75 and is close to Parker road. Those are the only 2 details I remember and this UE meets those requirements. Let me know if you find out differntly.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts