Nissan Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone used this with a turbo application and/or a N/A application? Its basically going to be my exhaust for my stock piece o' crap and my swap coming up in the next month or 2. Quiet is a really nice characteristic. If this comes in a 80mm only type, will I lose a lot of power from such a large exhaust on my N/A....can't really afford to lose more. lol. Any help is muchly appreciated.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Great Exhaust.

Quiet yes

Power loss no.

Good for the Turbo on the SR20 too.

If you live in a anal cop land like CA then it's really the only thing you can go with. Any Apex N1 looking thing is going get you rolled out here in L.A.

·
KA24DET
1,000 Posts
If I were you, fiscally speaking, I would wait to buy exhaust until you do the swap. Engine swaps are a complete reinvention of the car, and you'll probably want to wait and see what your priorities are before you do an exhaust mod. If I were you, I'd save ALL of your money until you buy the engine. You'll definitely encounter expenses associated with the swap, so save it and wait til you have the new motor.

·
so close to turbo...
925 Posts
like mentioned before you will not lose power with a bigger exhaust. the 240 has a lot more exhaust it wants to get out of the car. 3 inch works great on the KA24. most NA imports are much smaller like 1.8, 2.0 ...dont worry about power on it. ill refer again to the story about how my friend stuck a rag in his 3 inch Apexi N1 tip and started his car.....the rag flew out 6 feet, with stock ka24de.

if you live in copland california, sr20 is illegal anyways.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well living in Alberta, Canada, cops don't probably even know what a swap is and neither do the insurance companies. You just say you intercooled and turbo charged your car and thats it. HeHe,Get to import cheap skylines and do swaps probably w/o emissions testing even, and live in a huge oil tycoon town like Calgary, hehe jealous yet!. I think I'm going to pick up this exhaust. I hate loud sounding rice rockets roaming the streets, annoying and they usually sit too low cuz the muffler is oversized. Joel notified me that the RB20 and KA24 RS-R are interchangable. No power loss is great, maybe slight power gains but not probably not even worth mentioning. Thanks again!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts