Nissan Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Admin and Sup Mod keeping the peace
8,277 Posts
I have yet to check the pressure at the injectors. I’ll definitely check that. Will do. I’ll definitely check those both. Yeah the pump cost a bit. Wanted to make sure before replacing it. Thanks so much for the reply.
Since you didn't specify the year of your D21, if it has the V6 engine , then it must be older then 1996. That being the case, it has a fuel pressure regulator at the fuel rail and a fuel filter in the engine compartment. Tee-in a temporary fuel pressure gauge between the fuel filter and the fuel rail. The readings at idle should be as follows:
  • with vacuum hose connected to the fuel pressure regulator: 34 psi
  • with vacuum hose disconnected from the fuel pressure regulator: 43 psi
If the pressure is out of spec, the pressure regulator may be bad or the fuel filter may be plugged up; they're OK, then the pump is marginal.

·
Admin and Sup Mod keeping the peace
8,277 Posts
Ended up getting the ecu. Then found out that the two injectors were only reading 1.3 and 1.5 ohms. Pretty sure it domino effected and messed up the injectors as well. Trying to get some remanufactured ones for it. Looked around but I couldn’t any with big sellers, only ones on like eBay. Want to be sure I get a working pair. Anyone know of a place I can pick up injectors or maybe send them in to get remanufactured. I saw a couple places that remanufactured them for the 2.4 and it was a lot cheaper option. Thanks for all the help. 1989 Nissan D21 3.0.
Check out GB Remanufacturing, Inc. I've used their service several times.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.