Nissan Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Software Developer
855 Posts
Oh and I completely forgot about it. I the check engine light on when I got it. Fixed it and got the check engine light off. But it had two codes reading even with the check engine light off. They were 23 and 45 which are idle switch and injector leak. My truck was running really good and the one who was helping me said it would be good. I’m thinking could this possibly be due to the injector leak. Weird thing is the check engine light still is not on. Could these effect it? Thanks a bunch
The Check Engine Light CEL is reserved for Emissions issues.

Bad injectors are common.

·
Software Developer
855 Posts
I was able to check the wire and didn’t find any issues with it. But I was able to test the injectors. Found out that they were not getting power. Then in the process of trying to test the issue there was one point which it got power but it was only 2v. I also check the power at the ecu for what I believe is the one going to the fuel pump and it was getting 12v there. Gonna check the line running to the ecu and the fuel pump again. Anyone know what might be the issue? Thanks a bunch for all the help.
Injectors do go out, so that is common.

The fusible links should protect electrical components like the injectors, but often they get bypassed when they burn out. Without the fusible links, you can easily burn up an injector whenever you try cranking your truck or someone else using jumper cables or if the alternator or voltage regulator is going out.

If you want to check on the state of your fusible links, here is info on it:

·
Software Developer
855 Posts
So I got called in for backup on this one. And so far I've only been able to get intermittent injector pulse, but spark seems to be constant. At one point, while wiggling the crank angle sensor connector both injectors fired, since then nothing.
I've checked continuity on both injector ground wires to the ecu, injectors now have a full 12 volts.
I'm suspecting the crank angle sensor or the pigtail from the bottom of the distributor to the engine harness.
The crank angle position sensor is in the distributor. When a distributor goes out, they cause all sorts of strange problems that are hard to diagnose.

In other words, you might want to replace the distributor.

·
Software Developer
855 Posts
Got some help from Joe and ended up getting the distributor replaced. It’s also getting the needed volts to the injectors it is just not grounding them. It started up when they were grounded manually. Seems like it’s most likely the ecu not grounding it as it should. Anyone know of a way to test it out? Or should I just try and pick up a new one? Thanks a bunch
If the ECU is bad, it will actually throw that code.

I don't know how it knows when it is messed up, but it does.

The other option is like you said: manually check the pinouts to individual wires. The service manual has a procedure. Do you have the service manual?

·
Software Developer
855 Posts
Ended up getting the ecu. Then found out that the two injectors were only reading 1.3 and 1.5 ohms. Pretty sure it domino effected and messed up the injectors as well. Trying to get some remanufactured ones for it. Looked around but I couldn’t any with big sellers, only ones on like eBay. Want to be sure I get a working pair. Anyone know of a place I can pick up injectors or maybe send them in to get remanufactured. I saw a couple places that remanufactured them for the 2.4 4 cylinder and it was a lot cheaper option. Thanks for all the help. 1989 Nissan D21 3.0 v6.
You could try Rockauto.com Japanese manufacturers are good; Chinese are not.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.