Nissan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi

the speedo shows 45mph at 2000rpm and 70mph at 3000rpm. is this ok?

i used to get poor gas mileage of around 20mpg with 87 octane fuel and that pinging sound while accerlerating. so from then on i started using 93 octane gas with an octane incrementing solvent from prestone making the gas going into the injectors real good quality.

two things

1. this improved my mileage to 24mpg. i was wondering if this is the best i could get from the 92 se-r.

2. In improving the octane rating of the fuel to 93+, am i screwing up anything in my car. its been 3 weeks since i started doing this..

thanks
mk

·
Ive got a pickle 4 an arm
340 Posts
1. your bio says 1.6. A healthy ga16 should get mid 30s mpg.

2. based on the SE-r.net website i found that a healthy SR20 (SE-R) should be aroung 27-31mpg

it may depend on how many miles are on the engine.

if i put some stp fuel injector treatmen i get about 32-33mpg highway based.
without i get 26-30 with 30 being highway. i'm disgusted with the "low" mpg numbers but i also have 145k on the engine.

if you havn't check it out yet, here are some "gas mileage fixes" on ser.net You may have to scroll down the page

Gasmileage fixes- Se-r.net

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
mileage and speedo reading

the speedo shows 104k, and i just got a job 50 miles away from home and i found the gas mileage to be 31mpg on highway compared to 22mpg in city.

are there no miles/hr Vs RPM for a sentra?

thanks
mk

·
Registered
154 Posts
MPH vrs. RPM, I'm at 3000rpm do 70mph... what you've stated sounds about right. If you get a jdm transmission, they're geared lower, so you'll be at higher rpms.
Hope this helps

Josh

B

·
0 Posts
For your in town mileage - if you romp on the gas pretty frequently (or at all...) lay off of it (I know it's tempting...) and see what you get... I had the same issues with my Corolla, and for the first few months I was only getting about 13MPG... then I did minor things to it (cleaned the carb, replaced the air filter) and the mileage went up to about 28MPG city, 40MPG highway...

Just my $0.02

·
Ive got a pickle 4 an arm
340 Posts
Re: mileage and speedo reading

mk_sentra said:
the speedo shows 104k, and i just got a job 50 miles away from home and i found the gas mileage to be 31mpg on highway compared to 22mpg in city.

are there no miles/hr Vs RPM for a sentra?
mk
Again, your bio says 1.6L, but your asking about an SE-R. Which is a 2.0L

31Mpg seems great to me for an SE-R. If its a 1.6 then that seems a tad low.

the RPM's - i don't have a tach, but baised on how my engine sounds, thats about right. Are you using your overdrive/ 5th gear? the key for highway mpg, is to get the rpms as low as possible. my dad's 01 Maxima cruses at 80 w/ 3 grand on the tach. the "legal" highway speed would yeild about 2 grand on tach. which actually does make a difference on miles per gallon.

you might be able to get the listed speed-limits-per-gear for a standard transmission, but i'm not sure how that would help you. try searching the sentra.net site. It may even be in your car manual?????

1 - 6 of 6 Posts